Another Black British Actor Playing A Black American?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
It's cool if they only did it sometimes but they do it all the time.

It must be a coincidence that they feel that these people are perfect playing American blacks Everytime.

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Another circle

like idris elba only hiring jamaicans for his movie

How many real Jamaicans were in Cool runnings and how Stella got her groove bk?

Was Forest African when he played non fictional Idi Amin?

People from Botswana were not enraged when Jill Scott was the main for No1 Ladies Detectives Agency....I'm sure she got paid well. She was excellent in it.

Nobody Cried when an African American production of Macbeth was in theatres in the 30's
Are people struggling so bad financially now that they are upset about bread that isn't even on their table being broken with others....

Because I know it's not about accurate representation
That would be almost hypocritical

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
white brits play white american roles

do they complain

we has "fba"(lineage) not followers of Tariq)) we have to actually concern ourselves with what matters

don't be like them geek culture cacs crying about movies and pop culture all the time.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many real Jamaicans were in Cool runnings

Historical storyline… but the nikka movies in that era needed star power for non ADOS narratives… what Jamaican actors were poppin during that time? Honkeys kept it ethnic for certain storylines…. Wasn’t any Italian actors poppin in 72, but best believe paramount and the mafia hired Coppola to make sure the Godfather was culturally authentic

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You think Spielberg was allowed to cast a non Jew for Itzhak Stern?
i think every film has people who make their own choices on these matters there's no rules.
Historical storyline… but the nikka movies in that era needed star power for non ADOS narratives… what Jamaican actors were poppin during that time? Honkeys kept it ethnic in for certain storylines…. Wasn’t any Italian actors poppin in 72, but best believe paramount and the mafia hired Coppola to make sure the Godfather was culturally authentic
none of those people were in that film because they were stars besides John Candy. stop it b. :mjlol:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You sure understand the relationship between nikka culture and Hollywood to make these type of statements?
:russell:

the good old "let me qualify your blackness" routine to shut down a conversation

miss me with all that. i gave you facts. you laughing and ducking reality to perpetuate the argument for the sake of it

when you dudes get parallel examples of FBA doing similar movie roles you give that "well that's different" explanation. c'mon son. the "difference" is that we live in a time where there are more Black people globally competing for the same jobs. twas not like this in the past. this leads to what you have today. *friction the basis of which can be debated.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the good old "let me qualify your blackness" routine to shut down a conversation

miss me with all that. i gave you facts. you laughing and ducking reality to perpetuate the argument for the sake of it

No… you gave me an opinion, not facts… See, the fact you think you’re qualified as an African living in Canada to have authority over how black Americans should feel how our historical storyline should be depicted is disrespectful….. and implies an air of superiority like that nikka hating cracker yall yearn to be adjacent to