Another Black British Actor Playing A Black American?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Compounded by the fact that Mel Gibson, and Australian, starred as "The Patriot"

And hi son, Heath Ledger (RIP) was British :dead:
Republicans can ban AP Black History or some shyt in Florida.

Internet Ass Muhfukkas: "So??? :unimpressed:"

:hula:

A Jamaican restaurant is opening in the mall.
Internet Ass Muhfukkas: :damn:
:damn:
merica-murica.gif

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Apparently all that doesn't count if it's an American white jew production :mjlol:

Isn't Denzel playing Hannibal..Morgan Freeman played Mandela and am sure many more American actors will get roles as Africans, and why not.

Some of these bitter coli dudes are so caught up in proving conspiracies they fail to check the double standards and subsequently look ridiculous.
These same people will be sharing the new Gladiator movie 🎥 hype AF because Denzel is in it

Or FBA's were in Ancient Rome too?
I mean I know people travelled bk then I'm just tryna see something 🤔

Looooool
I love the coli
The unintential humor knows no bounds
Please don't change guise đź’‹

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still trying to understand how geography determines who should play a character especially when most of the time people don't even know these actors are even Brits. If you can't tell then it doesn't matter.

Ask Scorsese or Spielberg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Another circle
I'm still trying to understand how geography determines who should play a character especially when most of the time people don't even know these actors are even Brits. If you can't tell then it doesn't matter.

like idris elba only hiring jamaicans for his movie

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another circle

like idris elba only hiring jamaicans for his movie

You ever hear Americans or non Jamaicans do that accent justice?

That situation is acceptable because you need to get the language right to be believable as an actor.

When Idris auditioned for The Wire they didn't want any foreign actors but he hid his accent so well no one knew he wasn't American. He made them believe he was.

Don Cheadle is an amazing actor but watch him in a role where he does a British accent. It's terrible so you can't even get into his character fully because he sounds so bad. That still comes down to acting.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You ever hear Americans or non Jamaicans do that accent justice?

That situation is acceptable because you need to get the language right to be believable as an actor.

When Idris auditioned for The Wire they didn't want any foreign actors but he hid his accent so well no one knew he wasn't American. He made them believe he was.

Don Cheadle is an amazing actor but watch him in a role where he does a British accent. It's terrible so you can't even get into his character fully because he sounds so bad. That still comes down to acting.
Best post in here. Roles are won not handed out.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It’s easy to say stuff like this when you don’t control the art or I.P.
Stuff like what? That different directors and producers have different philosophy?

It's an observation of what happens. People like Quentin won't cast foreigners to play Americans and others will. That's a fact an observable fact