ANNIHILATION (Official Thread)(on UK Netflix now)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Regarding Lena:

Why are people saying real Lena is dead? Did you not see the clone survive a grenade blast for several minutes? :gucci:

Plus she had memory of everything that happened, while Oscar's character didn't.

She didn't necessarily have memory, we only know what happened based on what she said. And she obviously didn't tell them her husband was a clone....so that makes you wonder what else didn't she tell them, and why?

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
She didn't necessarily have memory, we only know what happened based on what she said. And she obviously didn't tell them her husband was a clone....so that makes you wonder what else didn't she tell them, and why?

Fred.
If she told them he was a clone it would only mean trouble. You know the govt ain't letting that go. She's very tight lipped, as we saw when she kept her husband hidden from the group.

So the story COULD BE false, but how could the clone make it up? The clones have no memory of the cloner, Unless Lena offed herself before teaching the clone.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If she told them he was a clone it would only mean trouble. You know the govt ain't letting that go.

So the story COULD BE false, but how could the clone make it up? The clones have no memory of the cloner, Unless Lena offed herself before teaching the clone.

Keep in mind whenever Lena (real or otherwise) left the shimmer it disappeared. Her husband was an imperfect copy, she was the actual shimmer.

And she don't necessarily have any memory of herself....the only account we have of what happened to her, is from her. Anything before that is obviously the real Lena, because it happened before the shimmer. She was confused, contradicting herself, and/or spacing out the whole time she was explaining what happened after she left the shimmer.

Let's put it like this....if she's not an alien why did her eyes glow at the end of the movie? Why would that be the last shot of the movie?

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Keep in mind whenever Lena (real or otherwise) left the shimmer it disappeared. Her husband was an imperfect copy, she was the actual shimmer.

And she don't necessarily have any memory of herself....the only account we have of what happened to her, is from her. Anything before that is obviously the real Lena, because it happened before the shimmer. She was confused, contradicting herself, and/or spacing out the whole time she was explaining what happened after she left the shimmer.

Let's put it like this....if she's not an alien why did her eyes glow at the end of the movie? Why would that be the last shot of the movie?

Fred.
Like the bruh said, she's a hybrid now. She's adjusting to her new mind state, so it can explain the confusion.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was a strong 8/10, but since I watched it with this bytch at her crib and she ain't give me no p*ssy after:francis: my new rating is 6/10

you let an entire movie finish without making a move ? :what:

about 5 mins in imma be like, i think i need to take my pants off to get more comfortable :dame:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Long story short Lena in the lab being interviewed was an unreliable narrator and that's not actually her, it's the alien disguised as her. Just like her husband was just a copy.

At least that's what I got out of it.:manny:

Fred.
That doesnt make sense since we see her kill her clone. Im just going to assume the shimmer infected her in some way, and she just accoets her husband is a clone now

Wack movie btw

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Loved this. Even though she's a liar I still think what we're seeing is the truth. We just see the difference between what really happened and what she tells Genghis.

I think the shimmer clone stops mimicking her in the "fight" because it becomes her and takes over her self destructiveness. Oscar's clone wasn't mimicking his movements when he commits that.

Her and Oscar were opposites in the beginning and they're opposites in the end. He's a shimmer clone adapting to Oscar, she's Lena adapting to the shimmer inside her.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Loved this. Even though she's a liar I still think what we're seeing is the truth. We just see the difference between what really happened and what she tells Genghis.

I think the shimmer clone stops mimicking her in the "fight" because it becomes her and takes over her self destructiveness. Oscar's clone wasn't mimicking his movements when he commits that.

Her and Oscar were opposites in the beginning and they're opposites in the end. He's a shimmer clone adapting to Oscar, she's Lena adapting to the shimmer inside her.

Just finished watching this and like this interpretation :obama:. The ending definitely had me like :ohhh:, but I agree with the sentiment that Lena was changed inside the Shimmer and wasn't just a straight clone like Kane.

The movie was definitely intriguing and some of the visuals were :wow:.