Anne Rice’s Interview with A Vampire on AMC

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
200w.gif
Thread title says "Interview With a Vampire" which is how most/many people remember it, myself included. It's actually "Interview With THE Vampire".

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
shyt making me want to read the books. Especially since it seems non of the gay is that present or present at all.

First book has some overtones but nothing like this show, the mid-air sex scene in episode 1 was hilarious. I still need to keep watching since I'm hearing great things

Cant speak to the other books tho

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
They bout to cast a beautiful black queen as Akasha :wow:
I imagine this show doesnt get the love/audience it deserves because of the gay stuff but mainly because of the black ppl/ diverse representation in it. I say mainly because of the black ppl because if this was about two gay white dudes I believe you would see the deadlines/varieties of the worlds shouting this show's praises about being a must watch. If I missed the trades championing this show, my bad :hubie:

Question about Akasha and about the scene where Louie/Armand doesnt kill LeStat because he mentions having her blood. Did they not kill him because LeStat having her blood makes him near unkillable? Because it would upset her? Or because it's like some super sacred law, even more followed than not killing a vampire. Because Armand was cool with killing Lestat before he mentioned that.
Anne Rice wrote her vampire power scale not only based on age but the vampiric bloodline of the vampire. Lestat is younger than Armand but he is still powerful enough to be a danger to Armand because his maker Magnus was very old and powerful when he turned Lestat into a vampire.

"According to Alessandra, the "Old Queen" of Armand's coven in Paris, Magnus was 300 years old when he made Lestat. This act was forbidden by the Satanic cult of vampires, for it was Magnus' many years and making only one fledgling that made Lestat a vampire deemed by them to be too powerful to exist for one so new to the Dark Gift."

"Akasha first encounters Lestat in the eighteenth century when Marius shows him Akasha and Enkil's sanctuary. Despite Marius's protests, Lestat goes down alone and plays the violin. Akasha awakens and offers him her blood and then drinks his. They are stopped by a jealous Enkil, who comes out of his state as a living statue and begins to crush Lestat. Lestat is saved only when Marius comes and threatens to take Akasha away from Enkil if he doesn't stop. At the end of The Vampire Lestat, Lestat reflects that the blood Akasha gave him was vital to him surviving Claudia's attempt on his life"

Lestats powerful blood is why Louie was starting to exhibit the ability of Pyrokinesis and was strong enough to slam Armand into the wall after Daniel exposed Armand's lies.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Anne Rice wrote her vampire power scale not only based on age but the vampiric bloodline of the vampire. Lestat is younger than Armand but he is still powerful enough to be a danger to Armand because his maker Magnus was very old and powerful when he turned Lestat into a vampire.

"According to Alessandra, the "Old Queen" of Armand's coven in Paris, Magnus was 300 years old when he made Lestat. This act was forbidden by the Satanic cult of vampires, for it was Magnus' many years and making only one fledgling that made Lestat a vampire deemed by them to be too powerful to exist for one so new to the Dark Gift."

"Akasha first encounters Lestat in the eighteenth century when Marius shows him Akasha and Enkil's sanctuary. Despite Marius's protests, Lestat goes down alone and plays the violin. Akasha awakens and offers him her blood and then drinks his. They are stopped by a jealous Enkil, who comes out of his state as a living statue and begins to crush Lestat. Lestat is saved only when Marius comes and threatens to take Akasha away from Enkil if he doesn't stop. At the end of The Vampire Lestat, Lestat reflects that the blood Akasha gave him was vital to him surviving Claudia's attempt on his life"

Lestats powerful blood is why Louie was starting to exhibit the ability of Pyrokinesis and was strong enough to slam Armand into the wall after Daniel exposed Armand's lies.
Ahh, so that's why Santiago or one of the other vampires kept harping on about Lestat being from Magnus' line. That whole fight scene with Armand, I thought Armand let slam him against the wall out of guilt. Louie could really fukk up armand if he wanted too :picard:
That explains why Louie can talk that big shyt he does at the end to the other vampires.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Ahh, so that's why Santiago or one of the other vampires kept harping on about Lestat being from Magnus' line. That whole fight scene with Armand, I thought Armand let slam him against the wall out of guilt. Louie could really fukk up armand if he wanted too :picard:
That explains why Louie can talk that big shyt he does at the end to the other vampires.
Them vampires were talking shyt until big Lou entered the chat. Then everyone stopped typing and deleted their messages.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Binged it.

Season 1 was good.

Season 2 was some of the best tv I've seen in a while. shyt felt like something Barry Jenkins would have made.

Is it me or is the actor playing Louie stealing LaKeith Stanfield entire style, cadence, vibe, etc.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt making me want to read the books. Especially since it seems non of the gay is that present or present at all.

Why the talamascas or w/e not mad at Arman for allowing Louie to kill his coven? I guess he can skate by on "i didnt know what he would do", but still he knew something was up.

When daniel revealed that shyt to louie. :wow: I've watched that scene like 4x now
RrKGCZv.gif
uuWYVxO.gif

on7Tm7v.gif

Every character in this show is like perfectly casted. I didnt think Armand was that interesting at first, but damn.

Ay yall. maybe LeStat aint that bad. Was listening to a pod and they pointed out that Louie going to NO to see LeStat after he learns of what Armand did was the first time that we the audience saw LeStat for ourselves. Every other time before this has been Louie's memory of lestat. As we saw, his memory isnt reliable. Especially with Armand fukking with it. So that means the lying Lestat did during the play couldve just been the script from Armand.

When Lestat was like "you cant kill me, i have the blood of akshana" I was like who the hell is that :dahell:
I googled it and that was a queen of the damned(rip aliayah) reference :ohhh:

They better cast Akasha right too :whew:

01c3e63f0d90099cefb59600bbe3558708035357_hq.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They bout to cast a beautiful black queen as Akasha :wow:
I imagine this show doesnt get the love/audience it deserves because of the gay stuff but mainly because of the black ppl/ diverse representation in it. I say mainly because of the black ppl because if this was about two gay white dudes I believe you would see the deadlines/varieties of the worlds shouting this show's praises about being a must watch. If I missed the trades championing this show, my bad :hubie:

Question about Akasha and about the scene where Louie/Armand doesnt kill LeStat because he mentions having her blood. Did they not kill him because LeStat having her blood makes him near unkillable? Because it would upset her? Or because it's like some super sacred law, even more followed than not killing a vampire. Because Armand was cool with killing Lestat before he mentioned that.

In this book series, the vampire that turns you is important. Lestat was turned by Magnus who was a 300 year old vampire. The older and more powerful the vampire that turns you is, the more powerful you are. Then Lestat went and drank directly from Akasha, the mother of all vampires, which would be like becoming an Original Vampire almost if you watched The Vampire Diaries.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Just started Season 2.
The claudia change is crazy...wouldn't have noticed.
They can also replace Louis with the guy from Good Luck to You, Leo Grande