Angry Joe made the Alt-Right gaming community asshurt

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Gamergate" was the precursor to the entire alt right bullshyt
Nah the alt-right predates the Gamergate stuff, it was just bubbling underneath all of that.
And when the narrative is controlled by a group that is filled with white males who adopt and morph
old right rings tactics for a modern landscape, you get the rebranding of the anti-woman and anti-minority views of that particular political segment.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think they should have done whatever their fans were good with instead of thinking they should directly antagonize their customer base. If that is replacing the character so be it.
their fans aren't preordering because dice has been getting kicked around by EA for several titles now and unlike most fanbases, they understand what a wait and see approach is

if companies just bowed down to vocal dikkbags, then BF1 would've absolutely not had the harlem hellraisers as a part of their promotion as well :mjlol:

i don't even have to jump between genres to show how hollow of an argument that "EA isn't listening about women" = "bad sales, gg is right" is

companies swerve hard on vocal fans constantly. and not even during the preorder window - they do it in early development and at any point during a game's life cycle
Yeah its super c00n saying businesses should take care of their customer base. SMH
EA can't take care of their developers so of course they throw shyt at the wall regarding their consumers. This has been their story for the past decade.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I think they should have done whatever their fans were good with instead of thinking they should directly antagonize their customer base. If that is replacing the character so be it.

See, that's where I disagree. I have to respect DICE/EA for sticking to their guns and not capitulate to the mob of angry nerds. Whether or not that one dude should have been like "either buy it or fukk off :yeshrug:" is questionable. But when it comes down to it, that is how this system is set up to work. If a product doesn't meet customers demands, then the seller will either change the product or fail in selling it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
See, that's where I disagree. I have to respect DICE/EA for sticking to their guns and not capitulate to the mob of angry nerds. Whether or not that one dude should have been like "either buy it or fukk off :yeshrug:" is questionable. But when it comes down to it, that is how this system is set up to work. If a product doesn't meet customers demands, then the seller will either change the product or fail in selling it.
This is business and not a social movement.
If I'm a shareholder someone has to pay if we put millions of dollars in a project and then purposely sabotage the release by being antagonistic.
This is a business first. IMHO

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
their fans aren't preordering because dice has been getting kicked around by EA for several titles now and unlike most fanbases, they understand what a wait and see approach is

if companies just bowed down to vocal dikkbags, then BF1 would've absolutely not had the harlem hellraisers as a part of their promotion as well :mjlol:

i don't even have to jump between genres to show how hollow of an argument that "EA isn't listening about women" = "bad sales, gg is right" is

companies swerve hard on vocal fans constantly. and not even during the preorder window - they do it in early development and at any point during a game's life cycle

EA can't take care of their developers so of course they throw shyt at the wall regarding their consumers. This has been their story for the past decade.

It isn't a moral issue with me. Personally I don't look for affirmation from white media. That said business comes first. if you are doing something new, you sell it to people, you don't say take it or leave it. Thats just my view point of it, you are in the people pleasing business.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If these companies started bending to the will of these alt right racists fakkit, that would be the day I walk away from gaming completely.

EA is a shyt company but these incel fags were being ridiculous from the very beginning. EA wouldn't have had to come out with such an irrational response if the embarrassing gaming community weren't being irrational from the start.

If these gaming companies listen to these weirdos, the Harlem hellfighters wouldn't have been included in battlefield 1, CJ and Franklin wouldn't have been main characters in gta, farcry wouldn't have racist rednecks as villains in part 5, etc.

These fakkits want only white men in video games, gaming developers should not take them too seriously.

While these fakkits are upset about women in BF5, I'm happy that I can create a character in my likeness and all the DLC content is free.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
This is business and not a social movement.
If I'm a shareholder someone has to pay if we put millions of dollars in a project and then purposely sabotage the release by being antagonistic.
This is a business first. IMHO

You're right that the one guy who made the statement should be reprimanded or maybe fired, but I still think the company ... one, didn't foresee the backlash that would come from the trailer, and two, were thinking more about how many new fans they could bring to the series by doing it. I don't think you need to 100% kowtow to the "history purists". They should have been on full damage control after the trailer, but still ultimately took the game in the direction they want.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You're right that the one guy who made the statement should be reprimanded or maybe fired, but I still think the company ... one, didn't foresee the backlash that would come from the trailer, and two, were thinking more about how many new fans they could bring to the series by doing it. I don't think you need to 100% kowtow to the "history purists". They should have been on full damage control after the trailer, but still ultimately took the game in the direction they want.
That trailer was nothing more than a showcase of all the customization options included in the game and dice explained that after the trailer, but these people were so stuck on having women being a customization option that they didnt give a fukk about anything else about the game.

Everything we know about this game (new maps free, custom character creation, non of that sweet spot bullshyt gunplay, auto aim nerfs, etc) should have anyone who's ever been a fan of battlefield excited to play it but the gaming community is full of shyt so it might flop.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Yeah, I'm just saying the mindset some people have is stupid to me.
Its like they are retarded and don't understand they are in the business of selling.

If these companies started bending to the will of these alt right racists fakkit, that would be the day I walk away from gaming completely.

EA is a shyt company but these incel fags were being ridiculous from the very beginning. EA wouldn't have had to come out with such an irrational response if the embarrassing gaming community weren't being irrational from the start.

If these gaming companies listen to these weirdos, the Harlem hellfighters wouldn't have been included in battlefield 1, CJ and Franklin wouldn't have been main characters in gta, farcry wouldn't have racist rednecks as villains in part 5, etc.

These fakkits want only white men in video games, gaming developers should not take them too seriously.

While these fakkits are upset about women in BF5, I'm happy that I can create a character in my likeness and all the DLC content is free.
Call them what you want, its their market. Its the biggest single market in the most profitable market, white males.
You do not antagonize a group to score points from a smaller market that can't replace the one you are losing and demonizing and to score points who aren't even customers.

You do that and you aren't in business

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yeah, I'm just saying the mindset some people have is stupid to me.
Its like they are retarded and don't understand they are in the business of selling.

Call them what you want, its their market. Its the biggest single market in the most profitable market, white males.
You do not antagonize a group to score points from a smaller market that can't replace the one you are losing and demonizing and to score points who aren't even customers.

You do that and you aren't in business
Nobody is antagonizing white men, it's their irrational thought process that leads them to believe that they are being antagonized. The same thought process that has them screaming about the myth of white genocide and loss of power. The same thought process that gave us trump as a response to a black man becoming president.

Nobody said you couldn't play as white male soldiers but these weirdos act like including anything but white men is an attack for some reason.

Gaming to me is not just a business, it not just about selling copies. It's an art form, its about creative vision.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nobody is antagonizing white men, it's their irrational thought process that leads them to believe that they are being antagonized. The same thought process that has them screaming about the myth of white genocide and loss of power. The same thought process that gave us trump as a response to a black man becoming president.

Nobody said you couldn't play as white male soldiers but these weirdos act like including anything but white men is an attack for some reason.

Gaming to me is not just a business, it not just about selling copies. It's an art form, its about creative vision.
Sure they are, you have to properly message what you are saying. Attacking customers is stupid, even if your customers are stupid, bigots, and etc. You still need them to buy, so you have to change how you say things, how you message, and sell.