Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
This dude is going to be the Barack Obama of 2019. Smart, articulate, well educated. A true Progessive. But I think the establishment Democrats are afraid of having a true Progressive get the nomination.
He's been interviewed a few times on Fox (with positive treatment), but can't even get on a CNN or MSNBC graphic.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Hasan Piker gets a lot of flack but I think his skepticism that he touches on within the first 10 minutes of this clip is legitimately worth considering. Yang's UBI model looks shaky to me.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks

Hasan Piker gets a lot of flack but I think his skepticism that he touches on within the first 10 minutes of this clip is legitimately worth considering. Yang's UBI model looks shaky to me.

I cap appreciate his point (despite his snide and hyperbolic demeanor), but if we're looking at whats actually possible in a country that just elected Donald Trump, you're going to have to find some middle ground. You can pontificate all day about what "should" be done, but at some point you have to consider what can be done.

I do agree that that the UBI model would be more inline with the Progressive model if it was allotted on top of already existing social programs, but I could also see that proposal getting torpedoed by the right real quick.

Last edited: