Andre 3000 Thinks He’s Gotten Too Old To Rap

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Scust at some of yalls mindset regarding Hip Hop music and CULTURE. This is a lifestyle brehs. Why the fucc can't we be 42 and continue to be a successful Hip Hop musician? Oh wait, that's right, we can smh. Only fuccin genre of music in the world where artists feel pressured to bow out

And fucc Andre Benjamin for never putting out a proper solo and for being completely fine with no more Kast albums ever again. Fucc that

Scust

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Dre is kinda a self fulfilling prophecy.

He's honest about his insecurity, and wants to release an album based on passion and truth.

This is code for "I want you to be interested, and ready for my ascension into another creative realm".

Him and Badu have some unreleased shyt somewhere ready to shock the house.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
shyt crazy and puts limits on a culture that's just now getting to an age where there are older acts that can put out music still.

It's art and age can't limit creativity.

Absolutely. That's what kills me with this dude and his apologists. One of the reasons that many people, of ALL walks of life and age range, don't respect Hip Hop music and it's artists is because people that consume the music, create the music and call themselves fans of the music place limitations on it and it's elder artists. Andre a clown for continually acting like it's embarrassing to be an older rapper. Shout out to veterans like Fat Joe who continues to reinvent himself and his music and always seem super excited, and proud, to play a part in the culture amongst his peers and with younger artists.

And yes...I don't care what anyone says...dude was scared to drop a solo.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
And I totally understand that but the boxing analogy of the older you get the slower you get, I don't like that. You're not boxing you're rapping and best believe one is much less physically intensive and harmful than the other. To say you are too old to compete is low key shytting on rappers his age or older. If he was applying this to just him then cool but the "I don't care who you are" part, ok, now you are saying this applies to everybody.
Yeah that comment doesnt look right him applying his insecurity on others and it makes him wrong as Jay dropped 4:44 which is really good and some verses on there are better than any verse spat by the mainstream group(Drake, Cole, Kendrick and sean)

hell ATCQ released arguably the best LP of 2016

but he could also mean in terms of the sound, production, flow,etc. which I could see, but still dont fully agree on. but he is somewhat right

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Y'all mad at him but what old rappers modern music do y'all listen to besides Jay z and nas :jbhmm:

And even then, most people don't judge it as just regular music. They judge it as "oh they were in they prime when I was younger and their new shyt isn't terrible but.."

Hip hop is still a very young genre, a LOT of which is based around youth and image.

Besides Jay's new album and maybe tribes last year I just haven't seen much of it

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
And I totally understand that but the boxing analogy of the older you get the slower you get, I don't like that. You're not boxing you're rapping and best believe one is much less physically intensive and harmful than the other. To say you are too old to compete is low key shytting on rappers his age or older. If he was applying this to just him then cool but the "I don't care who you are" part, ok, now you are saying this applies to everybody.

He's equating it to a sport. Which is why he said it's a hobby. It's not his true life anymore. Substitute boxing for basketball or football. He's saying he doesn't wanna be Wizards MJ or Broncos Manning...flashes of greatness but clearly past his prime

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
He's equating it to a sport. Which is why he said it's a hobby. It's not his true life anymore. Substitute boxing for basketball or football. He's saying he doesn't wanna be Wizards MJ or Broncos Manning...flashes of greatness but clearly past his prime

That's the problem, rapping is not a sport. There is no Wizards MJ, a nikka fell off cuz they ain't hungry no more. 40+ year old rappers are CURRENTLY competing in the rap game as we speak. Jay had a recent number one, Tribe, De La all have had #1 albums in the past year. Rick Ross is around Andre's age, he is currently in regular rotation right now. Older rappers are competing right now against younger ones. There is no rap version of 2016 Kobe, a nikka that still wants to compete and is physically unable to.