An infrastructure deficit is making life in African cities more expensive than it should be

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
It is. I'm curious as to why you think Nigeria's politics are not tribal (aside from being from the Lagos bubble)

Breh I think it's incredibly tribal in many ways but a lot more complex than just that, I haven't denied tribalism and I agree that it's regressive.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Private transport owners are powerful holding back public transport development.

I'm reading stuff that the Governor of Lagos wants to get rid of 'danfos' buses with this:
See PHOTOS of world class vehicles that will replace danfo buses in Lagos
vllkyt76395it11if.0f8d665d.jpg

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
IN the case I previously described, the Yoruba southwest benefits, if Lagos is the only major port, in the short run. All of Nigeria loses in the long run.
Nigeria is always going to be fukked by the Muslims, Yorubas of Nigeria and the political class. As long as eating the money is the tradition, Nigeria will always be fukked up. Goodluck Jonathan was the best thing that happen to Nigeria and where is he now? Lost to the African Donald Trump

Daps
Reppin
Stoic disciples
Over here in Kenya, private bus owners and taxi drivers are so powerful they own political parties, these guys are totally afraid of losing their jobs. . But slowly mass transit has been upgrading inspite of strong opposition.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Three words: Chinese infrastructure loans. They're working in Africa. There needs to be more of them.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
When you think about it, the problems of many black societies comes down to two things: A) Lack of long term thinking B) Finance.

Lack of access to financial resources i.e. capital is a limiting factor for black people. But part of the reason is our fault. Capital comes from savings, which means thinking about the long term and saving the money you earn. That money is then put into banks which is lent out to others so they can buy houses, build infrastructure or start businesses.

We solve these two problems in our countries, cultures and neighborhoods we will start winning pretty quickly pretty much everywhere. This is exactly how jews operate.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
When you think about it, the problems of many black societies comes down to two things: A) Lack of long term thinking B) Finance.

Lack of access to financial resources i.e. capital is a limiting factor for black people. But part of the reason is our fault. Capital comes from savings, which means thinking about the long term and saving the money you earn. That money is then put into banks which is lent out to others so they can buy houses, build infrastructure or start businesses.

We solve these two problems in our countries, cultures and neighborhoods we will start winning pretty quickly pretty much everywhere. This is exactly how jews operate.

Adding on to your comment -

Many modern African socities since the 1960s have been run by weak/ineffective governments which don't respect the rule of law and are not accountable to their citizens. It's very hard to exercise fiscal discipline in those environments. Moreoever, government's have figured out ways to not rely on taxation in order to fund their governments. The lack of a link between the citizenry and their governments in terms of fiscal accountability worsens governance in the long-run.

This has been a problem in North African states too.