An infrastructure deficit is making life in African cities more expensive than it should be

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
If Lagosian politics are about benefiting the people of Lagos - why are Lagosians (like the Oba) threatening to throw Igbo Lagosians into the lagoon? Moreover, if Lagos is the main port of Nigeria (to the detriment of all others) goods being moved across Nigeria have to travel through Yoruba-populated areas. Infrastructure and support services will have to be built up within and outside of Lagos to facilitate this. Those measures primarily help Yoruba people. Again, to the detriment of all others.

Using an isolated incidence doesn't mean a thing, as if Lagosians of any background haven't had to face worse things than that because of local politics (see APC-PDP in Lagos).

You have failed to show me where Yoruba elites have stopped the development of other ports in order to benefit the Yoruba as a group. You have shown why they might do this but you can't show me any evidence that they did, I'll be waiting.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
If you grew up in Lagos, then I think there's a tendency to have a primrose view of Nigeria and its politics. Out in the hinterland, it's far different. That's probably why Lagos media elites trumpeted Buhari as a saviour, not knowing that he was a vehicle for the North to take back control of the country. Despite the Naira being 500 Naira to 1 USD, Fulani attacks gone unabated and various comments (Buhari's 97 to 5 per cent comment) here is his approval ratings across Nigeria's regions:

Hmm, majority support in majority Hausa and Kanuri areas...I wonder why?

And he is neither :mjlol:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Using an isolated incidence doesn't mean a thing, as if Lagosians of any background haven't had to face worse things than that because of local politics (see APC-PDP in Lagos).

You have failed to show me where Yoruba elites have stopped the development of other ports in order to benefit the Yoruba as a group. You have shown why they might do this but you can't show me any evidence that they did, I'll be waiting.

The problem is, it's not an isolated incident.

Igbo people who had been living in Lagos for years were 'deported' to Anambra state. In what kind of democracy do citizens get deported from their place of work to another place?: Deportation of Igbos, Fashola tenders unreserved apology. - Vanguard News

Igbo people in Lagos are now writing about the discrimination they've faced in your hometown:

Yoruba elites have stopped the development of other ports because they've refused to allocate money for the deepening of other ports.

I think you're downplaying ethnic politics in Lagos, much to Nigeria's detriment :francis:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
And he is neither :mjlol:

You don't know much about Nigeria's President do you?
Nigeria: 'Iron man' Muhammadu Buhari’s last chance

Muhammadu Buhari was born on 17 December 1942 in Daura in north-western Nigeria, present-day Katsina State, to a Fulani father, and a mother of mixed Kanuri and Hausa ancestry (Buhari’s maternal grandfather was a Kanuri from Kukawa in modern-day Borno State, and his maternal grandmother was Hausa). Buhari was the youngest child and was raised by his mother after his father died when he was only four years old. He attended Katsina Provincial Secondary School. - See more at: Nigeria: 'Iron man' Muhammadu Buhari’s last chance

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
A lot of the indigenous Lagosians have mothers and grandmothers from both Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and Shuwa, do categorise them as being that?

The Oba is a Northerner too then? :mjlol:

Now you're deflecting from the fact that I've disproved your claim that Buhari doesn't have Hausa or Kanuri ancestry
:francis:
Lemme guess, you're a APC supporter too.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
The problem is, it's not an isolated incident.

Igbo people who had been living in Lagos for years were 'deported' to Anambra state. In what kind of democracy do citizens get deported from their place of work to another place?: Deportation of Igbos, Fashola tenders unreserved apology. - Vanguard News

Igbo people in Lagos are now writing about the discrimination they've faced in your hometown:

Yoruba elites have stopped the development of other ports because they've refused to allocate money for the deepening of other ports.

I think you're downplaying ethnic politics in Lagos, much to Nigeria's detriment :francis:

I'm not that denying ethnicity plays a huge part in politics but again it's much more complex than that. If it wasn't the case you would still be Biafra.

Who exactly and what money? Bring evidence or admit you don't have any.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
Now you're deflecting from the fact that I've disproved your claim that Buhari doesn't have Hausa or Kanuri ancestry
:francis:
Lemme guess, you're a APC supporter too.

I didn't say he doesn't have Hausa or Kanuri ancestry, I said he is neither of those, don't play dumb.

Do you think if he didn't have that ancestry that he wouldn't get support from those groups?

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I'm not that denying ethnicity plays a huge part in politics but again it's much more complex than that. If it wasn't the case you would still be Biafra.

Who exactly and what money? Bring evidence or admit you don't have any.

Buhari first awards spending to his ancestral districts, than the Yoruba South-West for voting for him. The South-South and South-East are last because they didn't vote for him.

In this video, Buhari explains why those who gave him only 5 per cent of his vote should expect less.

The regions where Nigeria's other ports can be built are the South South (ex. Warri, Port Harcourt) or South East (Onitsha Inland Port)

Buhari's supporters in the South-West want to maintain their profit from Lagos. That's not hard to understand.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I didn't say he doesn't have Hausa or Kanuri ancestry, I said he is neither of those, don't play dumb.

Do you think if he didn't have that ancestry that he wouldn't get support from those groups?

- Buhari views himself as a Hausa-Fulani with Kanuri ancestry. He's all three. A complete Northerner.

- Not unless he pledged allegiance to Northern oligarchs like Obasanjo did.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps

Buhari first awards spending to his ancestral districts, than the Yoruba South-West for voting for him. The South-South and South-East are last because they didn't vote for him.

In this video, Buhari explains why those who gave him only 5 per cent of his vote should expect less.

The regions where Nigeria's other ports can be built are the South South (ex. Warri, Port Harcourt) or South East (Onitsha Inland Port)

Buhari's supporters in the South-West want to maintain their profit from Lagos. That's not hard to understand.

Okay so you don't have proof

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

And I'm waiting for evidence to show that Lagosian elites aren't tribalists