get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I've asked this question a lot on here and don't really get sufficient answers.
What would you like to see the black elite do to help the black community?

When did this thread get so active?

My ignore list prevents me from seeing who you're replying to here, but you know what the answer is. In fact, you correctly predicted it.

Thanks

I liked the second vid you posted. Again, some of the most vocal people on TLR run with the same comments no matter how many times they are refuted.
The Boule remains one of the standard scapegoats and are accused of never lifting a finger to assist AAs from different economic backgrounds. No matter how many concrete examples are given.

I'm gonna expand on a comment you made a while ago about the only thing that would satisfy the skeptics.
Their theme song.

• Dap
Reactions: boy

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
This video doesn’t help your argument. It specifically talks about how American elites put protective barriers in place to keep the 90% from class mobility.

In fact, it says class mobility is worse in America than most developed countries and getting worse.

So I ask again, what are other American elites doing to help bootstrap their people out of the mud because it appears that you are privy to some of these things in which the presenters of the video are not, yet you won’t offer any specifics?

Do these non-Black elites create jobs? Do they create leverage and vacillated in employment?

The video explains all you need to know, if you know how to look for the Easter eggs. You now know where one of the problems lies. What does it tell you when you know where a problem lies?

I asked you for your educational background, because this issue deals with problem solving.
See, I can offer you specifics, but I want you to reason for yourself. That is part of problem solving.

And the difference is that most if not all developed nations outside of the USA are Social-Democracies, whereas the USA leans more towards Capitalism.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Do these non-Black elites create jobs? Do they create leverage?

I don’t know.

I’m asking you to give me concrete examples and not rhetorical questions.

I asked you your educational background, because this issue deals with problem solving.

I don’t see how this is stopping you from answering my question but I have a college education.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
I don’t know.

I’m asking you to give me concrete examples and not rhetorical questions.
Your questions are weird, because fundamentally someone with a college degree should be able to see and understand the problem. And you are telling me that you have asked many people?

You are telling me that you don’t understand and know that people within a certain bracket create jobs for lower classed people? Over the last 4 years a very common phrase was used: “trickle down economy”.

I don’t see how this is stopping you from answering my question but I have a college education.

You have a college education? In what have you been trained and at what college?

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Your questions are weird, because fundamentally someone with a college degree should be able to see and understand the problem. And you are telling me that you have asked many people?

It wasn't a weird question. It was very straight forward. And as a rule of thumb, you should always answer questions as if the recipient has no education level at all.

Additionally, trying to delve into my education level so that I can "reason" through a question that is subjective to YOU, remember the question - What would *you* like to see the black elite do to help the black community?", is empty smoke and neither here nor there.

You are telling me that you don’t understand and know that people within a certain bracket create jobs for lower classed people? Over the last 4 years a very common phrase was used: “trickle down economy”.

Jobs? Is that your answer? I don't think you understand black America's problem(s).

If other elites "supposedly" provide jobs to their people, can we look to broader American trends to ascertain direction, if those very same trends are applied to the black community?

The video that you posted reveals that jobs do not propel class mobility. Class mobility is slow and stagnating across America while simultaneously many Americans havung jobs. Those other elites in which you speak put barriers in place so that the lowest among them are not able to join in their ranks.

Black people are lower caste in a caste system based on racial hierarchy.

Are jobs alone provided by the black elite going to propel black people out of the lower caste in a way that it is not propelling the average American based on the very video you posted?

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
It wasn't a weird question. It was very straight forward. And as a rule of thumb, you should always answer questions as if the recipient has no education level at all.

Additionally, trying to delve into my education level so that I can "reason" through a question that is subjective to YOU, remember the question - What would *you* like to see the black elite do to help the black community?", is empty smoke and neither here nor there.

So basically you are telling me that you are uneducated?

Jobs? Is that your answer? I don't think you understand black Americas problems.

If other elites supposedly provided jobs to their people, can we look to broader American trends to ascertain direction if they are applied to the black community?

Your own video you posted reveals that jobs do not propel class mobility. Class mobility is slow and stagnating across America and many Americans have jobs.

Are jobs going to propel black people out of the lower caste in a way that it is not propelling the average American per the very video you posted?

Wait, you don’t understand that basic principles of economic, but you are here to announce that I don’t understand Americas problem and in particularly Black Americas problem? By your own merit you've confirmed that don't know who creates jobs in America and from that bracket those people are.

See, for this reason I wanted to apply logic.

As I said, I proposed the rhetoric to make you reason. Instead you are talking in circles and don't apply logic.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
So basically you are telling me that you are uneducated?

[QUOTE="boy, post: 40661612, member: 22829"
Jobs? Is that your answer? I don't think you understand black Americas problems.

If other elites supposedly provided jobs to their people, can we look to broader American trends to ascertain direction if they are applied to the black community?

Your own video you posted reveals that jobs do not propel class mobility. Class mobility is slow and stagnating across America and many Americans have jobs.

Are jobs going to propel black people out of the lower caste in a way that it is not propelling the average American per the very video you posted?

Wait, you don’t understand that basic principeles of economic, but you are here to announce that I don’t understand Americas problem?

As I said, I proposed the rhetoric to make you reason. Instead you are talking in circles.

Bro, I'm tired of this exchange. I asked a simple question and you answer just like everyone else. Nothing concrete, nothing substantial. Throwing back rhetorical question without asserting your stance with clarity.

I'm fine with being uneducated. Thanks.
You on the other hand had a chance to prove that you were educated and.....well.....

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Bro, I'm tired of this exchange. I asked a simple question and you answer just like everyone else. Nothing concrete, nothing substantial. Throwing back rhetorical question without asserting your stance with clarity.

I'm fine with being uneducated. Thanks.
You on the other hand had a chance to prove that you were educated and.....well.....

Go learn the basics of economics. Perhaps then you'll understand why economies run the way they do.

Have nice day, Dan Aykroyd.

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
:mjlol:

Go learn mental models that help you come up with solutions to multi-dimensional problems.

Bye Dan Aykroyd, who doesn't understand basic economy. Telling others to learn about "mental models to solve multi-dimensional problems". No wonder you are in the position you are in.

HILARIOUS, boy! And that other dumbass is even more hilarious.

business-model-innovation-workshop-19-638.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
I disagree. Protesting and marching isn’t power. What has it accomplished/changed?

I agree with @neotheflyingone . Real power is having capital, connections and a network. Using favors to accomplish what you want. Politicians are powerful because they can change laws. Rich cant exactly change laws but they can pay politicians to change some laws
I wasn’t talking about protesting and marching. We burned down entire cities, white neighborhoods that lost commerce. You think the NYPD would have been held to account by the city council if black people in NY hadn’t wrecked shyt?

:unimpressed:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You didn't miss anything. An empty exchange that ended in nothing. I see why you have that poster blocked.
Yeah. Left the negativity and ignorance in 2020.

Now the great Hank Aaron passed away last night. The Home run King, a great baseball player and an even better man.
Sigma Pi Phi member. There's an HBCU alumni contribution thread. Full of posts about Boule (and adjacent) people supporting Black colleges. Thread expanded from the title because many of the contributions are made to schools that the donors do not have ties to.

The late Mr. Aaron supporting Bethune Cookman

Hank Aaron, baseball Hall of Famer, among B-CU’s latest major donors

Posted Apr 7, 2020

Joyce and Thomas Moorehead and Billye and Hank Aaron, have donated more than $600,000 to Bethune-Cookman University in Daytona Beach.

Bethune-Cookman University, fresh off news that the state budget will include $17 million in new, annual funding, hit another home run with news of donations by two prominent couples — including Hank Aaron and his wife.

Billye and Hank Aaron and Joyce and Thomas Moorehead each contributed $250,000 to the Daytona Beach historically black university, while the Aarons’ Chasing the Dream foundation also kicked in $104,000. In all, the gifts totaled more than $600,000.

The Mooreheads’ name is already on the school’s residential life center, as Joyce Hanks Moorehead is a B-CU graduate and attorney with long ties to the school, including a stint on the Board of Trustees. Her parents were friends with university founder Mary McLeod Bethune.

“As a proud graduate of B-CU, I owe much of my personal and professional success to the training and nurturing I received as a student at Bethune-Cookman,” Joyce Moorehead said. “We hope that this gift will likewise inspire other alumni and philanthropists to support all HBCUs but particularly Bethune-Cookman.”

Her husband Thomas is an Mid-Atlantic luxury auto dealership magnate, the only African-American owner of a Rolls Royce dealership and the largest black-owned BMW dealership in the United States.

Aaron, a baseball Hall of Famer, became the sport’s home run king when he broke Babe Ruth’s career record in 1974. He and his wife Billye, who’s served as a trustee at both Texas College and Morehouse College, have raised millions of dollars for the UNCF and historically black colleges and universities. They previously created a $200,000 endowment at B-CU in honor of Joyce Moorehead.

“We are pleased to provide support for the achievements of young people with limited opportunities and enable them to develop their talents and pursue their dreams,” the Aarons said in a joint statement.

Bethune-Cookman has been beset by financial, legal and accreditation problems in recent years. As recently as February, B-CU President Brent Chrite said a budget gap left the school’s future in jeopardy.

“We have come a very long way to building a new future for this great university,” Belvin Perry, Chair, B-CU’s Board of Trustees, said. “We are profoundly grateful for this remarkable level of support.”

The gifts come as part of the B-CU’s Advancing the Legacy campaign, a collaboration with the National Council of Negro Women Inc., founded in 1935 by Bethune.

The effort has raised more than $5 million for scholarships.

“The generous support from the Aarons and Mooreheads affirm their belief in and commitment to B-CU at this crucial time,” Chrite said. “My hope is that others will be similarly inspired and influenced to help support this extraordinary institution Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune envisioned and established.”

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
I get it now. You're not black.
This thread was not meant for you and I'm annoyed that you wasted space in this thread.
Hmm, I am Black. It’s you who isn’t. And if you were, it shows that you suffer from a pathology where you idolize the white man. Hence Dan Aykroyd.