American Werewolf in London remake......Max Landis writing and directing..

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I love Max Landis threads, they bring out the worst in certain posters here :russ:

Yes, of course having John Landis as your father helps you getting your foot in the door, getting agents and pitch meetings and such. But people here get so blinded with anger and jealousy, mostly because how Max handles himself online I think, that they don't stop to think about what they are writing. Like producers at studios are throwing millions at a screenwriter because his father was relevant over 20 years ago. A dude who has made one film in 18 years and and he only made that film because it was made in the UK and people still thought he might still have a spark. Oh yeah, that movie bombed despite starring Simon Pegg coming off his two biggest movies (Star Trek, Ice Age 3) up to that point.

That man, who hasn't been doing shyt for 20 years and can't get paid to make a movie anymore, is some how fleecing studios using his son.

:dead:

I'm guessing John Landis also is the reason Trump got elected.

:airbud:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I love Max Landis threads, they bring out the worst in certain posters here :russ:

Yes, of course having John Landis as your father helps you getting your foot in the door, getting agents and pitch meetings and such. But people here get so blinded with anger and jealousy, mostly because how Max handles himself online I think, that they don't stop to think about what they are writing. Like producers at studios are throwing millions at a screenwriter because his father was relevant over 20 years ago. A dude who has made one film in 18 years and and he only made that film because it was made in the UK and people still thought he might still have a spark. Oh yeah, that movie bombed despite starring Simon Pegg coming off his two biggest movies (Star Trek, Ice Age 3) up to that point.

That man, who hasn't been doing shyt for 20 years and can't get paid to make a movie anymore, is some how fleecing studios using his son.

:dead:

I'm guessing John Landis also is the reason Trump got elected.

:airbud:
You his #1 fan?

StraxStrax

Daps
You his #1 fan?

Nah. The 3 Max Landis scripts I've read have all been good with Bright being the standout. American Ultra was dull, Chronicle was decent and Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is great. Make of that what you will.

I just find it funny how Landis can't be talk about without someone claiming the only reason he's selling scripts is because of his father. Ok, I understand people claiming he only sold those two TV show scripts for no name TV shows back in the day he did with his father were only because of his father but Netflix isn't spending almost $100 millz as a favour to John Landis.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nah. The 3 Max Landis scripts I've read have all been good with Bright being the standout. American Ultra was dull, Chronicle was decent and Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is great. Make of that what you will.

I just find it funny how Landis can't be talk about without someone claiming the only reason he's selling scripts is because of his father. Ok, I understand people claiming he only sold those two TV show scripts for no name TV shows back in the day he did with his father were only because of his father but Netflix isn't spending almost $100 millz as a favour to John Landis.

Never got around to reading. I know Ayer has his own version of the script. I'm hoping that one is good...Will Smith needs it.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

Ayer rewrote most of Max's script

StraxStrax

Daps
Ayer rewrote most of Max's script

Both versions are available for people to read. While the Ayer rewritten script is better then Max script Max version is still good.
Also saying Ayer rewrote most of the script, which is wrong, is either something you read some blog and haven't read the scripts or you have read the script and have no understanding of the words rewrote and most

(Unless Ayer has done another rewrite of the script that hasn't leaked)

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Maxi should remake this..

Into-the-night-poster.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: pop

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
taking the blinding Piss!!!

Pure uncut nepotism. All while this dude still pretends he had to work his way up in the Hollywood system as he cashes some of the biggest screenwriter checks in recent history and conveniently gets to remake his father's own film.:francis:

When it turns out the movie is really closer to a remake of The Howling 2 :wow::ahh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
American werewolf >>>>>

That pain.
:ehh:
While John Landis was trying to get this film made, Rick Baker became tired of waiting (over eight years) and decided to use what he had been planning for this film on The Howling (1981). Eventually Landis called Baker and told him, "I have the money. Let's make 'American Werewolf'!" to which Baker replied that he was already doing a werewolf picture. Landis started yelling at Baker over the phone. Baker decided to leave The Howling (1981) in the hands of his protégé Rob Bottin and would only consult on that film, leaving him free to do this one. Reportedly, Rick Baker's initial decision is something for which John Landis has never forgiven him.

Rick Baker and John Landis had several disagreements over what the design of the werewolf should be. Baker wanted it to be a two-legged werewolf saying he thought of werewolves as being bipedal. Landis wanted a "four-legged hound from hell".

Last edited:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Rick Baker did a good job with the costume effects.. After MJJ saw this movie he wanted to Landis and Baker for his Thriller video. Baker also did the Werewolf from the TV series. Which was very well done back in the day.