American Gods: Starz got another one...

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
Really digging this show through the latest episode. For those that read the book, the show asserts its own narrative. With that said, it's been balancing nuance for plot, and it is working thus far (with some  :dame: @ times) but pacing-wise, thus far in season, the combo of tensioncuriouswhaaat? is at a good clip. Looking forward to what's next.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
It looks like it's just building up for season 2.

This season we're getting to know who the major players are and seeing wednesday build his army and gaining power for the war.
yea true but even with that u only really met a few of the ppl he tryna get on his side. Im lowkey mad i havent seen orlando jones again. Im guessing this is super grounded too since they dont really show the gods powers. This shyt would be unfukkwittable if it was on some god of war shyt

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Jesus was with them to successfully cross the river...

Jesus was with the men pulling up to stop them.

That dynamic was so profound to me....

The scene didn't really hit me until I was thinking about it a day later:
Who exactly were the shooters following?

So far, we've seen that worship of the "old gods" almost always kills the worshipper. Could that mean that Mexican Jesús was intentionally leading his people to become martyrs? Then, three days later he comes back and helps the next group over the river into the same trap?

Or, since Wednesday mentioned multiple Jesuses, did the guys on the other side of the river have their own different Blue-Eyed Jesus with them?

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
The scene didn't really hit me until I was thinking about it a day later:
Who exactly were the shooters following?

So far, we've seen that worship of the "old gods" almost always kills the worshipper. Could that mean that Mexican Jesús was intentionally leading his people to become martyrs? Then, three days later he comes back and helps the next group over the river into the same trap?

Or, since Wednesday mentioned multiple Jesuses, did the guys on the other side of the river have their own different Blue-Eyed Jesus with them?
Mexican Jesus went to the wrong hood breh, he need to take that shyt back to mehico :camby:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo the leprechaun and laura's whole interaction had me dying this episode. " who the fukk are u, who the fukk are all of yall but who the fukk are u?!?
:hhh:

"Im a leprechaun. Makes sense?! Oh ok. It does? No it doesnt makin any fukkin sense"
:russ:

And when he told the indian homo he was getting anxiety thinking about if he would ever shut the fukk up

:mjlol:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Just finshed the first episode. Who the fukk is that justin bieber kid? And :dahell:@ that mini kkk rally they had. Is that shyt in the book? Only beef i had with that episode.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just finshed the first episode. Who the fukk is that justin bieber kid? And :dahell:@ that mini kkk rally they had. Is that shyt in the book? Only beef i had with that episode.
So wait are you on the first episode or are you talking about the latest episode? You really need to watch all the episode before I attempt to answer

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
So wait are you on the first episode or are you talking about the latest episode? You really need to watch all the episode before I attempt to answer
breh, i posted "i just finished the first episode"....Havent watched it past hat yet due to time.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
breh, i posted "i just finished the first episode"....Havent watched it past hat yet due to time.
The confusion on my part came from when you mentioned a KKK mini rally. I don't remember there being one in the first episode but the latest one looked like it.
960.jpg

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok so after watching again. The Vulcan's factory has shytty railings on purpose so which causes an employee accident 3 or 4 times a year into the bin that mixes into bullets and they bust them off in the air to complete the blood sacrifice/ salute to the dead person.

Thats why he wednesday sacrificed him in the same way then pissed in it to curse their prayers. That shyt is kinda dope. I was so fukkin confused on what was going on

:ohhh:

So even tho he was with mr world like someone else said in this thread the old heads still need a blood sacrifice. Thats why they was going to give odin a nuke with his name on it