American Gods: Starz got another one...

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Unless they put a massive hold on the story, just based on the book, I can't see this going more than 3~ seasons without them slowing the story down something vicious, or just loading this with filler. It's definitely one of those stories that will be hurt massively if they don't get to finish the storyline before it gets canceled. Like... some shows can survive that. This story damn sure can't because it won't make any goddamned sense without the conclusion. So I suspect we'll get a renewal notice next season a few episodes in, and depending on how much of the source material is left, maybe that'll be it.

That being said... that last season gotta hustle to get a Game of Thrones level budget just for the CGI for that Rock City shyt... If they can do that, it'll be some crazy visuals, especially with the cinematography work the show has already showcased.

Apparently Gaiman is writing a sequel

Neil Gaiman on When You Can Expect 'American Gods 2'

Plus Anasi Boys and the short story he wrote post the first novel might be enough to keep the series going for 3-5 seasons

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Unless they put a massive hold on the story, just based on the book, I can't see this going more than 3~ seasons without them slowing the story down something vicious, or just loading this with filler. It's definitely one of those stories that will be hurt massively if they don't get to finish the storyline before it gets canceled. Like... some shows can survive that. This story damn sure can't because it won't make any goddamned sense without the conclusion. So I suspect we'll get a renewal notice next season a few episodes in, and depending on how much of the source material is left, maybe that'll be it.

That being said... that last season gotta hustle to get a Game of Thrones level budget just for the CGI for that Rock City shyt... If they can do that, it'll be some crazy visuals, especially with the cinematography work the show has already showcased.

They could go the "Game Of Thrones" route and have Gaiman tell them character arcs and plot lines.

Fred.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
very good episode even with the...uh Oman brehs spreading fire through each other :dame:

that opening scene was amazing and looks like breh will be back next week :blessed:

also interesting to see what powers Shadow will learn next and ultimately end up with

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
My thoughts on episode 3

dWaw4.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I liked the ep but did they really have to zoom in on breh's O face :hhh:

I've always liked that actor. He's like the OG Riz Ahmed that never blew though. (no pun)

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:dame::dame::dame:

So Genies are sexually transmitted :gucci:"You Ain't Ever Had A Friend Like Me" is so :whoa::damn::hhh: to me, right now.

Also

There was a shadow in a top hat on the wall when they went into and came out of the bank :patrice: