Daps
Stormare playin fools

One of my favorite character actors and he crushes again

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
'100 yrs from now, the tobacco your kids pick will give them Devils CANCER':picard:

...Mr. Nancy's:fire: ETHER soliloquy was Oscar/Emmy/Golden Globes worthy:damn:

Nice to see a Mad-TV OG show their underrated talent on a bigger platform:obama:

Apparently, he can see the future.

I'm actually surprised that they didn't make Anancy a Jamaican character. I always thought that Anancy stories (in the Western Hemisphere) were strictly a Jamaican thing.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

I'm actually surprised that they didn't make Anancy a Jamaican character. I always thought that Anancy stories (in the Western Hemisphere) were strictly a Jamaican thing.

there are Anansi the Spider stories all around the Caribbean, I know I was told some back in St. Lucia and there was even a quiz show called Anansi too iirc.

nefarious

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

i cant find the damn thing, but i read a great interview with him a couple weeks ago where he talked a lot about the influences on the character and what he was trying to bring to it. he said he worked with speech coaches to incorporate both a jamaican and various west african accents into the role on certain words. the point being to make him distinctly american, but with definite influences from his roots. he also talked about wearing purple to signify him as royalty, and not using european patterns in the suits, but having distinct african influences. if i come across it again ill post it, but it was very clear that orlando had a very strong opinion of what the character should be and the showrunners gave him a lot of room to make it his own.

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Show reminds me a lot of Hannibal visually same due to the same show runner. I have to say they've really nailed the introductions to the different gods like Anansi the Spider or the Bliquis scenes which were the perfect mix of :damn::gucci::shaq:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Unless they put a massive hold on the story, just based on the book, I can't see this going more than 3~ seasons without them slowing the story down something vicious, or just loading this with filler. It's definitely one of those stories that will be hurt massively if they don't get to finish the storyline before it gets canceled. Like... some shows can survive that. This story damn sure can't because it won't make any goddamned sense without the conclusion. So I suspect we'll get a renewal notice next season a few episodes in, and depending on how much of the source material is left, maybe that'll be it.

That being said... that last season gotta hustle to get a Game of Thrones level budget just for the CGI for that Rock City shyt... If they can do that, it'll be some crazy visuals, especially with the cinematography work the show has already showcased.