American Gods: Starz got another one...

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
shyt was crazy; next ep look absolutely clitorious......Didn't read the book, but
Fail%20Moose.gif

Mazino

All Star
Daps
The opening sequence was great and set up the story perfectly, the way the blood looked mirrored Hannibal and demonstrates Fuller's influence.

That dude Ricky Whittle has come along way from some lame daytime soap show, the acting was on point from everyone. That graveyard scene was crazy, the chick played the part so well.

So much went down that I'll have to watch that shyt again, but it's got me hooked.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The opening sequence was great and set up the story perfectly, the way the blood looked mirrored Hannibal and demonstrates Fuller's influence.

That dude Ricky Whittle has come along way from some lame daytime soap show, the acting was on point from everyone. That graveyard scene was crazy, the chick played the part so well.

So much went down that I'll have to watch that shyt again, but it's got me hooked.
not that I watched that show but judging by his acting in this he's basically just got different variations of a squint and scowl. Not really asked to do much but not stick out and pose. It's his co stars that are going to do the heavy lifting

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
The young guy is the god of Technology. There's also a god of Media, gods of the Stock Market....basically every facet of modern life has a new god.

The gods draw power from people worshiping them. People ain't really fukking with Odin or Thoth in 2017, so they're weaker....but people do watch TV, surf the internet, etc. so the new gods are gaining power.

Fred.

That also means the New Gods are probably gonna rewrite mythological history.
Thoth is eventually gonna have beef with their version of Arianna Huffington - white liberal information age icon goddess that controls how news is perceived (Wouldn't be surprised if it's a woman, as Helen of Troy caused the Trojan War).
:sas2:

So far there's Odin, Bilquis (Sheba), Shadow Moon, Sweeney, Thoth, etc.

New Gods: Millennial Metrosexual hipster Mark Zuckerberg (Diplo clone)

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
As a fan of the book, I'll say yeah. It's an okay adaptation.

actually, it's pretty spot on.

I'm not gonna go back through the thread cause I already know anyone who's read the book- okay, Hex has prolly broke the shyt down to the subatomic level.

But.... and maybe it's because I haven't read the book in AGES.... but... something seems off. :jbhmm:

But I do understand how first timers would love it.

Not to say I didn't like it. :patrice:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
This shyt fire already.

The scene with the goddess had me :banderas:

Idk why but parts remind me of sin city.

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Understandable. I'm anxious too and I'm going in blind. The concept for this shyt is dope. I hope to god these cable networks start doing more of these graphic comics and novels.
Someone need to pick up Scalped and The Boys. Only HBO/Cinemax or Starz can do both. I could already see The actor that played Chayton Littlestone playing Bad Horse on Scalped.

I'm late but Scalped was originally supposed to be on Cinemax years back but never happened. It'll be on WGN America, and with that channel's history, it won't last long. Sad because that comic is GOAT. Seth Rogan and his boy who was behind AMC's Preacher is also behind The Boys and Cinemax greenlit it. Preacher would have been perfect on Cinemax/HBO too, but that channel fronted. American Gods was suppose to come out years ago on HBO, but HBO changed their minds.

Last edited: