American Gods: Starz got another one...

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is dope and im hooked but i feel impatient waiting weekly for episodes. Is the book a good cop? I might pick it up and is it just 1 book or a series?

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
You will not be disappointed.

Fred.
Oh I watched and here is my reaction

1160.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm still gonna continue watching because I think this show is gonna be special. But I was confused as a motherfukka :dahell:

It's not really that confusing if you know the basic premise.

The new gods (like the kid in the VR helmet, he's basically the god of technology) want to take out the old gods (Odin, Thoth, Bilquis, etc.)

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It's not really that confusing if you know the basic premise.

The new gods (like the kid in the VR helmet, he's basically the god of technology) want to take out the old gods (Odin, Thoth, Bilquis, etc.)

Fred.

I haven't been spoiled on the book, but is that really what's happening? The opening scene emphasized that Odin is the god of battle, and his worship requires combat to the death. The previews feature a voiceover that says something like "win or lose, it will be glorious".
How do we know that the new gods aren't just reacting to Odin starting up conflicts to gain power?

Seems like the worship of the old gods we've seen so far kills the worshippers.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I haven't been spoiled on the book, but is that really what's happening? The opening scene emphasized that Odin is the god of battle, and his worship requires combat to the death. The previews feature a voiceover that says something like "win or lose, it will be glorious".
How do we know that the new gods aren't just reacting to Odin starting up conflicts to gain power?

Seems like the worship of the old gods we've seen so far kills the worshippers.

That is what's happening, unless they drastically changed the plot. And I wouldn't necessarily call it a spoiler, since it's just the general premise of the series. Even the technology kid said he don't give a fukk about Odin or the old gods because "we are the future". So they are vying for power.

I can't really say much more without spoiling things.

Fred.