American Dad = GOAT

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
:usure:

A Smith in the Hand? Threat Levels?

i don't know the episode names :yeshrug: i'm not saying there weren't any good episodes.. but american dad really picked it up after the first couple seasons. it's much, much better now than it was at the start.

any time i ask someone if they watch it.. it's always the same answer. they tried to when it came out and didn't like it.

it's definitely not because it's too smart.. look at the clips posted in this thread and tell me which ones are too smart for the average person to understand :comeon:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
i don't know the episode names :yeshrug: i'm not saying there weren't any good episodes.. but american dad really picked it up after the first couple seasons. it's much, much better now than it was at the start.

any time i ask someone if they watch it.. it's always the same answer. they tried to when it came out and didn't like it.

it's definitely not because it's too smart.. look at the clips posted in this thread and tell me which ones are too smart for the average person to understand :comeon:

A SMith in the hand is where stan discovers jacking off

Also this show isn't Arrested Development level intelligent but it's certainly a step up from Big Bang Theory/ Family Guy level retardery.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
American Dad is like Futurama, a lot of the humor goes over the heads of the average viewer, but it's funny, TBS got a gem.

Futurama's sci-fi references :wow:
Their science references :ohlawd:
My chemistry teacher explained one joke from there once lol

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Futurama is one of the smartest shows of all time, imo, the references were nerdgasmic.

"What if the secret ingredient, is people?!?"

"There's already a drink with that, Soylent Blue"

"What's it taste like?"

"It varies from person to person."

shyt had me :dead: once I got it.

Edit: @StraxStrax :bow:

Last edited:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery

i hear what u sayin...i was one of those kats that kinda hated American Dad the first 2 seasons in cuz it really wasn't funny and struggled a bit to hit the ground runnin....plus i was a hardcore FG fan and expected much better from AD when it dropped....but talk about a complete 180...AD started hittin on all cylinders and impressed the hell out of me...AD is currently like the Simpsons/Family Guy in their first 9 seasons.....how FOX would want garbage like Bobs Burgers or Brooklyn 99 over AD is beyond me....

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
i hear what u sayin...i was one of those kats that kinda hated American Dad the first 2 seasons in cuz it really wasn't funny and struggled a bit to hit the ground runnin....plus i was a hardcore FG fan and expected much better from AD when it dropped....but talk about a complete 180...AD started hittin on all cylinders and impressed the hell out of me...AD is currently like the Simpsons/Family Guy in their first 9 seasons.....how FOX would want garbage like Bobs Burgers or Brooklyn 99 over AD is beyond me....

Ratings :sadbron:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps

yeah, the first 2 seasons of ad were rough. all the family guy fans gave it a try wanting to like it.. and it still didn't stick. then i guess they shifted resources or something because family guy fell off a cliff and american dad took off.

i actually enjoy bob's burgers. another one that took a bit to find its footing. it's a different vibe though. i can see how it can be a bit off putting at first. and it has a more family sitcom feel than the others. i prefer ad but i enjoy both.

i usually download shows so i didn't even know fox cancelled american dad :huhldup:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
These TBS commercials keep saying that the show is going to be edgier and I am wondering just how much edgier can the show be without nudity and profanity? American Dad got away with a lot of outlandish shyt on Fox.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Bob's Burgers and Brooklyn 99 are both great shows, no need to shyt on them b/c stupid people don't watch American Dad