Amazon Worker Jumps Off Company Building

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At Amazon, workers are encouraged to tear apart one another’s ideas in meetings, toil long and late (emails arrive past midnight, followed by text messages asking why they were not answered), and held to standards that the company boasts are “unreasonably high.” The internal phone directory instructs colleagues on how to send secret feedback to one another’s bosses. Employees say it is frequently used to sabotage others. (The tool offers sample texts, including this: “I felt concerned about his inflexibility and openly complaining about minor tasks.”)

However, many workers called it a river of intrigue and scheming. They described making quiet pacts with colleagues to bury the same person at once, or to praise one another lavishly. Many others, along with Ms. Willet, described feeling sabotaged by negative comments from unidentified colleagues with whom they could not argue. In some cases, the criticism was copied directly into their performance reviews — a move that Amy Michaels, the former Kindle manager, said that colleagues called “the full paste.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/t...g-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html?_r=1

It's dog eat dog over there.

• Dap
Reactions: Guv

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Damn, you never know what somebody going thru...

My best to that man. He go wish he didn't fail this attempt. They bout to institutionalize that man for at least the next year or two. He bout to be on watch in somebody "hospital" and this after he recover from the jump.

Pray he get them internal demons under control...it's never that bad to wanna murk yourself

Maybe not, IN NYC they don't give a fukk what u do or how u living, they barely treat you after suicide attempts. My friend's son jumped off part of a Bridge over here an was not institutionalized for long. He even got off the meds rather quickly after coming out.

I would have just given two week notice or did the employee review period. Doesn't sound like situation was that deep, but definitely some upside thinking on worker's part. Authorities should have been called when he sent email too. Amazon fukked up there. First Walmart, now amazon. Anything that cheap and big is evil to employees.

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The thing with suicide is that it's not always that easy to accomplish if it' not pre-meditated. If it's no your time, it's not your time. God's in charge.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Damn.. and we know most likely ain't nothing gonna change at Amazon.

Why so many people wanna work there if it's that bad then?

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
that aint sh!t, apple has suicide nets in china

article-1382396-0BDB924200000578-814_468x286.jpg

:dahell:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
how tall is 12 stories exactly? i can't picture it right now

It's not exact but in my line of work it is about 10 ft from floor to ceiling plus about 3 to 5 feet between each floor so about 150-170 feet. Story standard is actually 13 ft or 12.6ft but it varies and lobbies are usually 20-30 ft in a big bldg so I'd guess closer to 170ft or more.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Go on Glassdoor you hear people talk about how such a bad workplace and how they culturally "churn and burn" people at Amazon.

That's why I hesitate every following through with applying there.