Amazon is setting up a US delivery network (RIP fedex/ups)

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Amazon has so much money. Why not just BUY UPS/Fedex, rebrand them and make them yours. Way less work than starting a new delivery service from scratch.

Since you're so smart, show Bezos how to do it and make billions Einstein.

It's way easier getting your own drivers and teaching them the way you want to deliver Einstein.

Also, what you gonna do with all the UPS drivers making $30/hour and used to working/driving a certain way? You gonna just fire all of them who won't adapt to your process and take a paycut??

Amazon and it's culture is way different than UPS/FedEx if you haven't noticed.

Much easier to contract drivers via a logistics company, experiment and tweak the way you want to deliver then buying out those logistic companies and their drivers and branding it all as Amazon Express.

UPS/FedEx/USPS/Lasership/DHL/etc have their place in the delivery/logistics game...although Amazon is growing and doing their own thing, other businesses will use other delivery companies in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
0_D209032-09_C5-44_FF-_A933-24604_C31_B293.png
Amazon delivery so dope. It now lets u know how many deliveries your driver has before he or she makes it to u and where they are located at :wow:

That’s dope, fukk amazon though.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I used to work for Amazon as a driver. You're welcome :myman: I never took pictures tho lol....fukk that

Since you're so smart, show Bezos how to do it and make billions Einstein.

It's way easier getting your own drivers and teaching them the way you want to deliver Einstein.

Also, what you gonna do with all the UPS drivers making $30/hour and used to working/driving a certain way? You gonna just fire all of them who won't adapt to your process and take a paycut??

Amazon and it's culture is way different than UPS/FedEx if you haven't noticed.

Much easier to contract drivers via a logistics company, experiment and tweak the way you want to deliver then buying out those logistic companies and their drivers and branding it all as Amazon Express.

UPS/FedEx/USPS/Lasership/DHL/etc have their place in the delivery/logistics game...although Amazon is growing and doing their own thing, other businesses will use other delivery companies in the foreseeable future.

Agreed, but the endgame of cutting out the middleman is definitely on the table for Amazon.

You'd bring up a great point of the contract outsourcing game. shyt I work for a 3pl. Ups and FedEx absolutely do not want to lose that business so if it means lowering their costs and margins to keep their contract with Amazon they will do it. That just means the workers for them get screwed more. FedEx isn't union so they don't care. Ups is union so that's gonna be interesting.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
It's not about now but more about 5,10,15 years down the road. I work in the supply chain industry. Amazon is no joke. They got Walmart falling back and have almost replaced them as the new Deebo of the industry.

Amazon cutting out UPS and FedEx will crush those companies. I'm sure they know this too. Walmart and their strategy of taking on Amazon would benefit ups/fedex if Amazon cuts them out.

Amazon is absolutely gonna cut off ups and FedEx eventually.

Amazon Logistics is garbage though, since right now all their delivery are by Independent Contractors, so their shipping service is very inconsistent. Even as great as Amazon's customer service is, poor shipping from their Amazon Logistics is hurting them. People are willing to cancel their Amazon Prime to avoid dealing with the Amazon Logistics headache. From personal experience whenever I have to get a package shipped by Amazon Logistics it's always a Double Dare obstacle course and never get it on time, even though I am a prime member with guaranteed 2 - day delivery. Until they correct this FedEx/UPS/USPS, etc. will be around.

Last edited:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
United states ain't gonna let that happened.

Post Office is the goverment's favorite son

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Amazon Logistics is garbage though, since right now all their delivery are by Independent Contractors, so their shipping service is very inconsistent. Even as great as Amazon's customer service is, poor shipping from their Amazon Logistics is hurting them. People are willing to cancel their Amazon Prime to avoid dealing with the Amazon Logistics headache. From personal experience whenever I have to get a package shipped by Amazon Logistics it's always a Double Dare obstacle course and never get it on time, even though I am a prime member with guaranteed 2 - day delivery. Until they correct this FedEx/UPS/USPS, etc. will be around.
Agreed. My point is that it's just a matter of time