Amazon is setting up a US delivery network (RIP fedex/ups)

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
4036944_B-042_C-485_A-_BB76-_BECD2209_B36_C.png

:wow:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Amazon has so much money. Why not just BUY UPS/Fedex, rebrand them and make them yours. Way less work than starting a new delivery service from scratch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can confirm that this has been in the works for years.

The idea is to have coverage for all 50 states within next day delivery...they have wanted to get rid of FedEx (mostly have really) and UPS to do their own thing. These cats actually send their trucks to get hot items (like the PS4) themselves because they don't want to wait.

I wish they treated their employees better, I could not deal having to tell people that they have lost their job over and over again.
How bad is this gonna hurt FedEx and UPS? 90% of the stuff I buy online that gets shipped is from Amazon.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
How bad is this gonna hurt FedEx and UPS? 90% of the stuff I buy online that gets shipped is from Amazon.
Oh it will hurt in big cities. I don’t know what amazon is up to these days to get coverage in smaller towns, but the way they are rolling out prime now is shyt I was hearing almost a decade ago.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Are people stupid or something?
:what:

FedEx and UPS are huge companies with billions of dollars in logistics. They are not going to just up and disappear

It's not about now but more about 5,10,15 years down the road. I work in the supply chain industry. Amazon is no joke. They got Walmart falling back and have almost replaced them as the new Deebo of the industry.

Amazon cutting out UPS and FedEx will crush those companies. I'm sure they know this too. Walmart and their strategy of taking on Amazon would benefit ups/fedex if Amazon cuts them out.

Amazon is absolutely gonna cut off ups and FedEx eventually.