Amazon is setting up a US delivery network (RIP fedex/ups)

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Definitely a part of their business model, there is a staffing agency in town JUST for Amazon. Gizzle works in corporate so I am sure the vibe is different up there. Once the amount of "Blue Badge" employees was a little too high so a convenient "drug test" was performed to weed out many of the loyal workers who had been there for years...then hire them again as temps shortly after.

The warehouse work is like any other I suppose...I am not sure. It was the only warehouse I was ever in. I would never do the grunt work...they treat those people like shyt.

Yeah, they opened a huge warehouse in Dallas-area several months ago and ppl were excited about all the new jobs it brings.

They were touting only the positives, but I can imagine with the amount of orders they handle it's back-breaking work.

Whenever I would visit warehouses for work, I always make sure I'm super nice to those ppl b/c they already think most of the corporate ppl are out of touch or a$$holes anyway.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yeah, they opened a huge warehouse in Dallas-area several months ago and ppl were excited about all the new jobs it brings.

They were touting only the positives, but I can imagine with the amount of orders they handle it's back-breaking work.

Whenever I would visit warehouses for work, I always make sure I'm super nice to those ppl b/c they already think most of the corporate ppl are out of touch or @ssholes anyway.
Amazon is pretty demanding on everyone all the way up to corporate and even contractors. I knew I wanted to leave months after I was there.

Even an HR lady who I met years ago and now works for Valvoline told me she was put into some pretty bad situations just because corporate would come out with some RIDICULOUS ideas in the middle of the night EST (11pm or so Pacific) and wanted things done in mere HOURS.

There is a note posted in HR which reads something about measuring everything not by the hour or day...but by the minute.

They don't want employees...they want robots

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Are people stupid or something?
:what:

FedEx and UPS are huge companies with billions of dollars in logistics. They are not going to just up and disappear

I dont think anyone really thinks they're going under....but dont kid yourself that Amazon is a HUGE portion of their business.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Are people stupid or something?
:what:

FedEx and UPS are huge companies with billions of dollars in logistics. They are not going to just up and disappear
ya know this just hit me LOL

we ain't talking about "the mailman"

FEDEX is THE GOAT in delivery...they are absolutely phenomenal and there is no way that amazon out 'delivers' FEDEX...not even close

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
ya know this just hit me LOL

we ain't talking about "the mailman"

FEDEX is THE GOAT in delivery...they are absolutely phenomenal and there is no way that amazon out 'delivers' FEDEX...not even close
Personally I think UPS is better. I've had some pretty awful experiences with FedEx is SEVERAL states

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Personally I think UPS is better. I've had some pretty awful experiences with FedEx is SEVERAL states
it depends on what you're delivering. IMO if you're sending DOCUMENTS, Fedex is best and fastest. I've sent stuff at the end of my business day PST and it got to Chicago/NYC through the next business day and returned to me the following. If you're sending BOXES or bigger packagages I notice UPS is more consistant.

Fedex farms out its delivery routes more often than UPS from what I've been told though that might be erroneous.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
FedEx and UPS both do customs clearance too, doing all the work customs house brokers and fright forwarders do, they ain't going anywhere.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I like both UPS and Fedex but like someone else mentioned Amazon is a huge part of there business too, not even to shutdown them down obviously but to take a big chunk out , this would be a great look for Amazon.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
0_D209032-09_C5-44_FF-_A933-24604_C31_B293.png
Amazon delivery so dope. It now lets u know how many deliveries your driver has before he or she makes it to u and where they are located at :wow: