Amazing Level Design

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Special shoutout to Destiny 2 for really making the most out of the new tools. Europa is an outstanding open area for the kind of game D2 is and Presage is a great step overall. The last few dungeons have been great experiences too.

Replaying ME this year was a pleasure

:mjcry: Pains me to read this because I completely fell off of Destiny. Tried to get back into it but the game economy is completely impenetrable to newcomers or folks who lapsed. I believe you though. Destiny 1 had some amazing dungeons/raids. Vault of Glass remains a GOAT in my book.

Also the ashtray maze in control.
I can't believe I didn't mention this when I actually beat Control this year. Platinumed it, actually. But yeah that sequence is dope as hell. When the music drops :ohlawd:.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I hate giving these Sony fanatics any ammunition but I have to show love to the abandoned mall level in TLoU2. Right before you get to the aquarium. That shyt is another example of God-tier level design. Probably one of the most exhausting games I've played but I know I'll revisit that stage at some point. It was fun as hell. The verticality. The way you have to weave in and out of lights and shadows (think Splinter Cell). Swimming through ponds of water. The way you can approach taking out enemies. I don't think there's a nook or crevasse in that stage that wasn't thoughtfully placed.

1_HMAlNLQpLBUvmH0PknWdSQ-1-2048x951.jpeg

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate giving these Sony fanatics any ammunition but I have to show love to the abandoned mall level in TLoU2. Right before you get to the aquarium. That shyt is another example of God-tier level design. Probably one of the most exhausting games I've played but I know I'll revisit that stage at some point. It was fun as hell. The verticality. The way you have to weave in and out of lights and shadows (think Splinter Cell). Swimming through ponds of water. The way you can approach taking out enemies. I don't think there's a nook or crevasse in that stage that wasn't thoughtfully placed.

1_HMAlNLQpLBUvmH0PknWdSQ-1-2048x951.jpeg

that whole game has incredible level design

and I think I might but Hitman 3 soon

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
that whole game has incredible level design

and I think I might but Hitman 3 soon
Yea no doubt, TLoU2's entire level and encounter design is ace. This is the one game that deserves to be exempted from the "walking simulator" stigma Sony games have.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea no doubt, TLoU2's entire level and encounter design is ace. This is the one game that deserves to be exempted from the "walking simulator" stigma Sony games have.

The only sony game that’s actually anything close to a walking sim is Detroit. Sony games are cinematic, but the core of their design is good gameplay. You cannot tell me there are popular sony games that have bad or non existent gameplay mechanics.

Spider-man, God of War, Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Ratchet and Clank, Days Gone, Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima….etc The main advantage sony has over Ubisoft is that their games have good combat

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ratchet and clank…at the part where I just fixed/woke the giant robot up…think this leads to that promo vid they used to showcase some of the gameplay