Amazigh Berber chick takes a DNA test

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I mean I'm skeptical about the whole thing but his clan is Ja'alin which is known as an Arab tribe.

A brother from that tribe told me that they are Arabized Nubians.

Maybe the zools can confirm.

Ya zools, assemble your crew :Hemad:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I think everyone should do one (DNA test)

Mines was 65% African (35% of that Nigeria, rest Ghana ,Senegal and other west african countries)
26% Native American (they didnt specify but Im assuming Taino/Arawak Indians since im Dominican)
9% Cac (Great Britian)

Pretty much what I expected except the Native American:ohhh: . It opens your eyes

Question, what do you write down on forms asking for your race or ethnicity? Black or Latino? :mjpls:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
The arab DNA in North Africans is overstated IMO. There were never that many Arabs in North Africa to begin with. Real Arabs are a relatively small group of ppl. They only live in countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Yemen. Egypt alone is more populous than all of them, let alone the rest of the NA countries.

"Arabs" in the Levant (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine) as well as a large chunk of Iraqis are Arabized Semites (Phoenicians, Akkadians, Canaanites, Hebrews etc) or Persians and not real Arabs.

Berbers do have a lot of pre-Islamic Semitic blood from Phoenician settlers who settled in what later became Roman North Africa as well as some European blood which came in several waves. Vandal invaders, Greeks, Romans, North European slaves etc..

Yh I remember a well-reputed Arab scholar saying alot of North Africans ''became'' Arab during the Golden Age of Islam. For example, only a small percentage of Arabs actually moved to what is now Libya but the majority in the land ended up assimilating into the culture, language and customs of the minority because of the preeminence of Arabs at the time. Arabs ran tings so everyone claimed to be an Arab.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Yh I remember a well-reputed Arab scholar saying alot of North Africans ''became'' Arab during the Golden Age of Islam. For example, only a small percentage of Arabs actually moved to what is now Libya but the majority in the land ended up assimilating into the culture, language and customs of the minority because of the preeminence of Arabs at the time. Arabs ran tings so everyone claimed to be an Arab.

Yeah. It's similar to how many Lebanese claim white European now because whites run shyt :mjlol:

Everybody wants to join the winning team :manny:

Arabs ain't popping these days like they used to be so many Arabized people are trying to ditch the label. Some are claiming their ancient roots, others are looking for new identities.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
@Trajan

Yes, the Arab/Middle Easterner genetic influence in Northwest Africans is exaggerated. but to say modern day Northwest Africans do not have significant Eurasian admixture is just being dishonest. Especially considering many modern Northwest Africans lost the diversity that many of the "original" Berber speakers and Ancient Maghrebis had. I plan on touching base on ALL of this in a coming thread about the Moors.