Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I'm talking phenotypically. lol

Also Europeans and Middle Easterners i.e the "Caucasian race" are not a "pure" race but hybrid.

I know breh I was just clowning :russ:

We need some Berbers on this forum :lupe:

But the right ones. Some of them are on that :mjpls:

Especially the ones on race boards.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
This is a lie. The bulk of their Eurasian admixture is European. The Ancient Middle Eastern component you keep bringing up from an Ancient migration(which happened around 30k years ago) isn't even West Asian anymore but a local adaption that was most likely already in place since the Neolithic. Thats like trying to claim E-V13 in Southeast Europeans is still African.

Call that Middle Eastern component that contribute significant amount of Berbers ancestry what you want but Berbers have more of that component plus significant African ancestry than European ancestry. This is a fact.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
SideNote: I never said he was wrong or right the point of contention is what migration is being referred to. Time period & population. Ancient back migration is vague ...to say the least.

This is what @AndroidHero means...

Although now found primarily in western, northern and north-eastern Africa, haplogroup U6 descends from the western Eurasian haplogroup U, and therefore represents a back migration to Africa. Secher et al. (2014) estimated that U6 arose very approximately 35,000 years ago (±11 ky), during the Early Upper Paleolithic, and prior to the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM).
Haplogroup U6 (mtDNA)

However, this clade is now exclusively Northwest African. Note this is ONLY true for Ancient Maghrebis and NOT the original Berbers who came from East Africa.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Call that Middle Eastern component that contribute significant amount of Berbers ancestry what you want but Berbers have more of that component plus significant African ancestry than European ancestry. This is a fact.

I'm not calling it anything. Their mtDNA disagrees...
BadramtDNA.png

Pierron D, Chang I, Arachiche A, Heiske M, Thomas O, et al. (2011) Mutation Rate Switch inside Eurasian Mitochondrial Haplogroups: Impact of Selection and Consequences for Dating Settlement in Europe. PLoS ONE 6(6): e21543. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0021543

You and others need to understand that Northwest Africans=/=Northeast Africans like Egyptians and Sudanese who have more Middle Eastern ancestry. The map shows much more European ancestry(via H) than Middle Eastern.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
This is what @AndroidHero means...

Haplogroup U6 (mtDNA)

However, this clade is now exclusively Northwest African.

Exactly what I'm getting at in terms of defining what population is being referred to is this the maternal lineage that was found in the maghreb. I've posted on it before in relation to the paternal lineage from east Africa though I had issues on it's introduction. Or to be specific it's interpretation.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I know breh I was just clowning :russ:

We need some Berbers on this forum :lupe:

But the right ones. Some of them are on that :mjpls:

Especially the ones on race boards.

My bad I'm high... So I'm not comprehending things right. :smile:

Anyways, I had a Tuareg join @Gebor but I think some of the stupidity here threw him. I'm waiting for him to come in this thread. He knows his shyt WAAAAAY more than me.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Never interacted with Tuaregs before :ohhh:

Very fascinating people.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@Trajan

Yes, the Arab/Middle Easterner genetic influence in Northwest Africans is exaggerated. but to say modern day Northwest Africans do not have significant Eurasian admixture is just being dishonest. Especially considering many modern Northwest Africans lost the diversity that many of the "original" Berber speakers and Ancient Maghrebis had. I plan on touching base on ALL of this in a coming thread about the Moors.
:wow: Looking forward to that thread.