Amazigh Berber chick takes a DNA test

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Many of them are very racist.

And also among the BIGGEST in denial. They seem to be very insecure about their roots from what I noticed. Like I said I wouldn't be celebrating when many peer-reviewed sources as a whole state Northwest Africans are highly admixed with Eurasian. And not private companies like 23andme or ancestry. You missed her other video of her being disappointed with her GEDmatch results.

They also want to prove that they are African but they dont want to be African if you catch my drift.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also I don't why some of those Berbers are jumping up and down celebrating in the comment sections while also dissing other blacks. For one her other GEDmatch said she was around 40+% North African. But more importantly I doubt 23andme unmasked the Eurasian component from the North African sample. So I wouldn't be celebrating with some "pure Berber" especially when her maternal DNA is haplogroup V which is 100% not indigenous to Northwest Africa.

Honestly if you're from around the mediterranean chances are you're not 100% anything.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
These test while interesting are so skewed. How are you 94% North African? Everyone knows North Africans are a mix of Arab and African. North African isn't a race. These tests just tell you where most of the people who have similar DNA as you are NOW. So if your family has been in the region for 400 hundred years with little breeding with people from outside your ethnic group then yeah it's going to show that you are related to people in your ethnic group and point to where that population is now. The populations of North African looked completely different a few hundred years ago. You have to take these things with a grain of salt because they are bias in terms of historical context and only provide a limited view of DNA.

The arab DNA in North Africans is overstated IMO. There were never that many Arabs in North Africa to begin with. Real Arabs are a relatively small group of ppl. They only live in countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Yemen. Egypt alone is more populous than all of them, let alone the rest of the NA countries.

"Arabs" in the Levant (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine) as well as a large chunk of Iraqis are Arabized Semites (Phoenicians, Akkadians, Canaanites, Hebrews etc) or Persians and not real Arabs.

Berbers do have a lot of pre-Islamic Semitic blood from Phoenician settlers who settled in what later became Roman North Africa as well as some European blood which came in several waves. Vandal invaders, Greeks, Romans, North European slaves etc..

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The Kemetians depicted Berber tribes as appearing pale in skin tone. (See my Peopling of Africa thread in the Root).

Berbers are probably a mix of Afro-Asiatics from East Africa and pre-existing Stone Age populations.

They also depicted them as black. The ones you're referring to were late comers. And those "pre-existing Stone Age populations" were not pale but most likely the same complexion as Khoisans.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the chick I was having that debate/discussion with.:mjgrin: While she did believe she was African she didnt believe she was "black" and so I had to educate her on how North African genetics work. On one of her videos(which was from Ancestry.com) she scored 75% African DNA!:ohmy: But I was right that there was something wrong because Ancestry.com does not take into account the Eurasian admixture in their North African sample. Anyways shes :whew:

But she isn't black though.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Berbers are even more confused about their origins than Horners :dead:

And rightly so. None of this shyt mattered until Europeans invented modern race theory and categorized ppl according to skull shape, skin color etc.

All of those foreign ppl were assimilated and they all adopted the Berber identity, intermarried with Berbers etc.. So black-skinned Berbers and White-skinned Berbers were all part of the same Berber culture.

Then Jon McCac comes along and fukks it all up :heh:

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
Her features are very "Africoid" compared to even most Moroccans. Moroccans who look more "Afrocoid" compared to other to other North Africans.

She does have some 'african' features but that is given since Berbers like her are on average 20% to 25% African.

But do you consider her black?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
She does have some 'african' features but that is given since Berbers like her are on average 20% to 25% African.

But do you consider her black?

Here in the USA she would almost easily pass for a biracial. Hell I first thought she was until I heard her accent. So yes. But what I really meant is that Northwest African Berbers don't see themselves as clustering with other Africans. When ironically almost half if not all their paternal DNA comes from East Africa. But also they are intermediate between Sahelian Africans and Europeans.

And I doubt she is 20% to 25% but more 40% to 45%.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Here in the USA she would almost easily pass for a biracial. Hell I first thought she was until I heard her accent. So yes. But what I really meant is that Northwest African Berbers don't see themselves as clustering with other Africans. When ironically almost half if not all their paternal DNA comes from East Africa. But also they are intermediate between Sahelian Africans and Europeans.

And I doubt she is 20% to 25% but more 40% to 45%.
:mjlol:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Too bad scientific sources support what I say especially on their paternal DNA.
E_Snp_Phylogeography.jpg

Now what does a dumb Coli poster has to counter?