Am I getting bored of games or this genre?

Chef

All Star
Daps
Open world RPGs burned me out, mainly Andromeda, DA:I and then Odyssey did me in. Wild Hunt and Spider Man were refreshing and I enjoyed them both but I ended up getting that RPG fix from Persona 5 :ehh:

Loot games are my shyt but they all have the same identity issues. Shooters are a close favorite but I don’t give a shyt about the Battle Royal trend. I’ve been playing Call of Duty since the first game I just peeped this is the 17th game.

I want to get into fighting games and strategy games where I can get the fix of micro/macro management from loot games. The issue for me personally is managing time between video games and hobbies I picked up during quarantine.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I play open world games in moderation now because most of the time they're just big empty worlds with repetitive side quests, The Yakuza game's have perfected it imo because you're usually in the same 2-3 places but they at least fill the world with a lot of stuff to do

Skyrim is probably the last big open world game I actually enjoyed because there's some much stuff to do without even doing the main quest

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That’s why i love dark souls, no filler.

It’s also. Why i don’t play Ubisoft games. You want to feel open world fatigue go buy an Ubisoft games and have your eyes assaulted by all teh meaningless question marks on the map

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I have found myself appreciating more linear and conclusive games in recent times. Open world, open ended games are a little played out.
I thought I was the only 9ne leaning towards linear games. Too bad games are getting away from campaign modes and single player games.

I'm hoping that cyberpunk is good

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I only play like 1 of those kind of games a year so they always feel fresh to me :yeshrug:

Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Horizon

I think those are the last 3 open world games I've played. And Nier Automata and other games that are technically open world but don't feel like those types of games.

I could see how someone could easily get sick of those if they played alot of them.
Forgot I also played Spiderman lol. But even that feels different because of the game play even though it's the same formula.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
To each his/her own but I can't imagine any of those games being considered the pinnacle & apex of last gen gaming for anyone, and I actually thoroughly enjoyed two out of the three on that list. Hell, I'm about to play F4 on the PS5 tonight for a second run. It is what it is, though. We all like what we like.

I love F4 because of the modding mainly. shyt is amazing. I modded Andromeda too and that made the experience even better for me. WD2 came out of left field for me. I didn't expect to like it as much, but it's definitely one of my most played games this generation. On the flip side, I brought RDR2 and I just can't finish that game. It has the same problems as GTA IV and V for me. The player movement makes me want to throw my controller against the wall.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I can relate, these days my ps vita is what I play 90% of the time if I ever have the urge to play a videogame. I replayed R&C 1-3 and was impressed how well 2 & 3 hold up in terms of gameplay and overall fun factor :ehh: My most played game by far is Hotline Miami, hands down my most replayable game of the decade because of the fun level design and the fast & unforgiving gameplay style.

I skipped the last console generation and went the PC route instead, I own a shyt-ton of games on steam/gog/etc but I rarely ever play any of them because most of them simply aren't entertaining in an instant-gratification sort of way. I used to be into story-based games a lot more but most video game stories simply aren't that good. The last time I was wowed by a videogame story was SOMA, and before that, The Last of Us.

For some reason I'm actually excited bout this next gen though, my ps5 order cleared half an hour ago lol so we'll see if I feel any different about this gen.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Too many AAA games burned me out from like 2016-2018. I went back into gaming more slowly and have been having more fun. Definitely gonna space out my purchases this gen, especially the AAA open world games. I was so tempted to get Watch Dogs Legion but it looks and sounds bland as hell.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Too many AAA games burned me out from like 2016-2018. I went back into gaming more slowly and have been having more fun. Definitely gonna space out my purchases this gen, especially the AAA open world games. I was so tempted to get Watch Dogs Legion but it looks and sounds bland as hell.
Don't get Legion breh

Its not optimized and constantly crashes, has a save delete bug too :mjcry:

Don't be like me breh :mjcry:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Don't get Legion breh

Its not optimized and constantly crashes, has a save delete bug too :mjcry:

Don't be like me breh :mjcry:

yeah I was close to getting it but decided not to. Watched people on twitch playing it and it looked dry as hell. Read the push square review of the ps5 version yesterday :picard:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'd be curious of your ages.

I'm approaching my mid 30s and i wouldn't consider myself as much a gamer anymore because i'm pretty selective now. 20 years ago my xmas list was some yearly dosage of Final Fantasy, Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, NBA Live, WWF Smackdown, etc. When i was in college and had a 360 it was nothing but Halo, Gears, fighting game, and 2K parties.. mixed in with allll the 100+ hour GTAs, Mass Effects, Skyrim, Fallouts, etc in the dorms.

But once i started adulting i noticed more i was buying games that I wasn't finishing and getting easily bored. However something like GoW4, H:ZD, FF7:R, and TLoU i could play 2-3 hours a day after work, feel like i made progress in a linear but captivating story with heavy RPG elements, and feel good.

So that kinda became my thing. I'll buy maybe 3 games a year but i know exactly what i want. Kinda like waiting for a much anticipated netflix series and taking your time with it, versus trying to watch every netflix show everyday.