Am I getting bored of games or this genre?

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
The only games I've truly enjoyed this generaltion is Fallout 4, Watch Dogs 2, and Mass Effect Andromeda. And the only game I'm looking forward to is Cyberpunk 2077.

I would say I'm kind of bored of a lot of the games that are being made today. But if there were more games like the ones that I enjoy, I wouldn't be tired of them.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I only play like 1 of those kind of games a year so they always feel fresh to me :yeshrug:

Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Horizon

I think those are the last 3 open world games I've played. And Nier Automata and other games that are technically open world but don't feel like those types of games.

I could see how someone could easily get sick of those if they played alot of them.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Probably the genre

Just played Gears 5. Bored me to death. Haven’t played call of duty in years. Shooters are losing their appeal to me. Its all the same

Took a chance and Started playing Yakuza like a dragon its the most fun I’ve had playing a game in a while. Wouldn’t think I would care for jrpg but came cool as hell

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I'm slowly but surely getting over gaming man

my favorite type of genre is the superhero games and the lack of them is killing me. everything else is mid smh

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Maybe take a break, try something else. Only genre that is fun 24/7 is fighting I guess

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feeling the creativity in gaming is dying, I'm about to sell all my shyt, and take a break for a few years, because I'm not even playing shyt, got the old 3080 all that shyt, and I ain't played shyt after just seeing how the games run in 4k, shyt just ain't that
games look and feel much better, but not really in a rush to play again because already beat them, the games themselves don't have good replay value

no classic rpgs are being made, they japanese companies lost the sauce for good when it comes to that genre, open world games have very little content has far as main missions, the games are mostly free roam activities which is why they get boring, the core of the game barely uses the open world that's why its just bloated

developers need to go back to the basics of level design and design gameplay situations that are fun to just play, this is how replay value is created

Plus next gen ain't here yet, even these new AMD and NVIDIA cards are not next gen, I mean the weakest NVIDIA card thats like 200 dollars can play all the new released games in 1080p 60fps at ultra settings, which is on par with ps5 and xbox, which can't do that Asassin's creed in 4k 60

Cyberpunk being delayed, the game is looking more and more like ass they longer they delay it. I brought the 3080 for this game to run it in 4k 60fps with all the bells and whistles, ray tracing, and shyt, but the game looks like trash, and the 3080 is not going to run the game at 120 fps so buying this OLED was a waste of money too

I realize gaming is an addiction that has to be kept in check, I'm put myself in rehab, I will wait 2 years to build me a new PC, buy then the Ps5 will have true next gen games, and NVIDIA and AMD will have GPUs that can really do 4k 120hz, and also there will be TV's better than the LG XC that can do 4k 120hz and they will be cheaper

as of I know, and shyt I wanna play

I still gotta finish cold steel III and IV, but you can run those on a 1650 super which is under 200 dollars, fukk PC gaming and fukk all you nikkaz on this forum for getting me into this shyt lmao

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
probably just tired of gaming
try a new genre or a game that isn't extremely hyped up.
for me, I realize if a game is too hyped by other people i can never fully enjoy it
based off the games you give you probably would like something like uncharted or the last of us.

Daps
I used to be all about sports games. Now idgaf about Madden, NBA 2K etc.

Open world-ish games like Ghost, Witcher, Skyrim, Horizon Zero Dawn etc., have been my lane. Watch Dogs has been fun so far even though I don't like modern environments as much as fantasy or historical. Owned GTA V for the longest but it never hit with me the way Vice City did back in the day.

It goes in cycles. Everyone has certain things they like better than others.