Am I A Hater For Rolling My Eyes At These Zelda Reviews?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Zelda looks like a game from 2005 (some gamecube era shyt). it annoys me that Ninetndo always gets a pass for these dated ass looking games. Zelda looks mid as hell, glorified DLC for BoTW (which itself looked dated back in 2017), but is hyped to hell by nostalgic fanboys looking on it with rose-tinted glasses :to:

ded40810-da06-11ed-873e-4039570aca71.cf.jpg

lets keep it reality: without the Zelda name, this is a 7/10 type of game :manny:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Zelda looks like a game from 2005 (some gamecube era shyt). it annoys me that Ninetndo always gets a pass for these dated ass looking games. Zelda looks mid as hell, glorified DLC for BoTW (which itself looked dated back in 2017), but is hyped to hell by nostalgic fanboys looking on it with rose-tinted glasses :to:

ded40810-da06-11ed-873e-4039570aca71.cf.jpg

lets keep it reality: without the Zelda name, this is a 7/10 type of game :manny:

No you're not.

Its a pretty good game so far. But currently its trending as the greatest game not of this year, gen or decade but ever according to reviewers :mjlol:

no fukking way

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If it wasn't Mario they'd get lower scores.

If God of War it would get lower scores.

If it wasn't Last of Us it wouldn't get those scores.

If it wasn't Resident Evil it would get low scores.

:bryan:

I actually want to touch on this - I think many people know what a joke gaming journalism is - a lot of discourse isn't for the sake of being critical, but not being too critical to lose access to future releases from the publisher. That's why Meteoritic is a fascinating site - look at a lot of games by major publishers that have been outright panned by the community - just to see a bunch of 8s and 9s from reviewers.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
If it wasn't Mario they'd get lower scores.

If God of War it would get lower scores.

If it wasn't Last of Us it wouldn't get those scores.

If it wasn't Resident Evil it would get low scores.

:bryan:

Ehh this isn't exactly the same.

Mario is at the pinnacle of its very specific niche platforming. I don't really see how you can dispute them being excellent games for what they are

god of war, namesake helps sure. still a good series/game

TLOU...definitely even though very good games.

RE no way. their games get dragged when they are bad. when they are good, they get reviewed well. no bias with them.

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
the nintendo slurpage is comical.

Hell, the recency bias in general for that list is dumb.

What would the list consist of if you went back 10 years? 20 years? 30 years?

Mario and Zelda games....

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
What would the list consist of if you went back 10 years? 20 years?

Mario and Zelda games....

Only because nintendo gets graded on a curve and can release good games and then they get elevated to being great or of all time tier games.

Its blatant :yeshrug: give me a moment I'll come up with a list.