Alright TSC, Lets attempt to have a level headed conversation about Austin Theory and his failed cash-in for a second...

Is it over for Austin Theory?

• Total voters

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I know level headed and pro wrestling fans don't mix like two dikks and no bytch (RIP Big.. and pause)

but where does he go from here? I genuinely feel his career trajectory hasn't changed at all, and I saw his failed cash-in as a course correction. I feel like Vince gave him too much too soon, and fans soured on him because of it. His rocket to the top wasn't organic at all and he had Baron Corbin "go-away" heat, which sucks for the kid because he's actually really talented and has a presence a lot of these newer dudes lack. Stripping away the forced spoon-fed stigma that was stuck to him via Vince and rebuilding him from the ground up will benefit him in the long run. He's better off because of it

:manny:

BUT... I know this is the internet where a loss means he's in the dirt next to Pookie Loc and the clock is now ticking on his failed career because the world is ending and the sky is falling.. so what say ya'll? Is it a wrap for Theory? is A-Town down bad? is Jeanie Buss the worst owner in sports? Lets talk about it!

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I know level headed and pro wrestling fans don't mix like two dikks and no bytch (RIP Big.. and pause)

but where does he go from here? I genuinely feel his career trajectory hasn't changed at all, and I saw his failed cash-in as a course correction. I feel like Vince gave him too much too soon, and fans soured on him because of it. His rocket to the top wasn't organic at all and he had Baron Corbin "go-away" heat, which sucks for the kid because he's actually really talented and has a presence a lot of these newer dudes lack. Stripping away the forced spoon-fed stigma that was stuck to him via Vince and rebuilding him from the ground up will benefit him in the long run. He's better off because of it

:manny:

BUT... I know this is the internet where a loss means he's in the dirt next to Pookie Loc and the clock is now ticking on his failed career because the world is ending and the sky is falling.. so what say ya'll? Is it a wrap for Theory? is A-Town down bad? is Jeanie Buss the worst owner in sports? Lets talk about it!
Whats his W-L record since HHH took over?

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I don’t care for Theory but he’s not buried at all.

Vince pushed him way too hard way too early, and like you said, it’s just a course correction.

If he kept the briefcase, who was he gonna successfully cash in on? Roman? Gunther? Seth? I mean sure he could’ve cashed in on Bron but going back to NXT wouldn’t make much sense.

Silkk

Daps
I don’t care for Theory but he’s not buried at all.

Vince pushed him way too hard way too early, and like you said, it’s just a course correction.

If he kept the briefcase, who was he gonna successfully cash in on? Roman? Gunther? Seth? I mean sure he could’ve cashed in on Bron but going back to NXT wouldn’t make much sense.
Its not even about that….

He cashed in on a dude who has open challenges every week. Thats just stupid. :dead:

Silkk

Daps
shyt literally made no sense lol

Now lets say Sheamus had it and couldn’t get Gunther to give him another shot at the IC Title and used it to cash in on him, That makes WAAAAY more sense from a logical standpoint and about how bad Sheamus wants the IC belt.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
As dumb as the cash in attempt was he will be fine.

Knowing HHH is going to want to gradually build him up ala Orton and Batista and not use the MITB trope which to be honest is a cheap way to build someone up.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Whats his W-L record since HHH took over?
Can’t be good. I only remember this dude beating Mustafa Ali at some point.

That doesn’t mean much to me though. It’s wrestling. There was a time when all Daniel Bryan did was lose, next thing I know he’s pinning Mark Henry and going on a legendary run.

We know shyt can change with the snap of a finger…

And Theory is a Triple H signing for the record, so this narrative that Hunter hates him is actually hilarious

Silkk

Daps
Austin Theory is missing one thing in his rise to stardom. Adversity. If he actually good... He'll overcome it.

He will be fine. I think the idea that they put the rocket on him was more to get him heat than actually putting the rocket on him

Triple H is making him pay his dues. If he deserves the spot, he’ll either overcome it or marry one of his daughters

As dumb as the cash in attempt was he will be fine.

Knowing HHH is going to want to gradually build him up ala Orton and Batista and not use the MITB trope which to be honest is a cheap way to build someone up.

Can’t be good. I only remember this dude beating Mustafa Ali at some point.

That doesn’t mean much to me though. It’s wrestling. There was a time when all Daniel Bryan did was lose, next thing I know he’s pinning Mark Henry and going on a legendary run.

We know shyt can change with the snap of a finger…

And Theory is a Triple H signing for the record, so this narrative that Hunter hates him is actually hilarious

What upper level-top heel did HHH book like this in NXT?