Alot of the Anti Lebron hate is obviously racially based

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
It's pretty complicated tbh.

Yes....the MAGA crowd doesn't f*ck with Bron but they pretty much don't f*ck with any Black athlete or celebrity who isn't a MAGA shill or contrarian so that goes without saying.

The thing is: Lebron is one of the few post 90's NBA stars who's a legitimate household name and celebrity. There's some others too but not on the level of Lebron. So, by nature, Bron's going to get more people talking about him than most of NBA stars.

I'd say Bron has tons of White stans AND haters and he also has tons of Black stans AND haters. Some of the biggest Bron haters I know are Black men and none of it has to do with c00nery or politics. It's either Jordan/Kobe stans or "stuck in the 80's/90's" NBA fans who keep focusing on Lebron's flaws to big up the Golden Era.

While some of Bron's biggest haters are no doubt White MAGA racists who probably don't even follow the NBA like that, there's also tons of Bron stans who are White too. In many basketball forums and circles, Bron has a literal cult of White stans ready to crown him the GOAT even over MJ. And many White sports analysts dikkride Lebron a lot too.

But Whites who don't even follow basketball tend to be the main ones that drive certain narratives about Lebron whereas Black men who discredit Bron tend to be major basketball fans. So, it's sort of apples and oranges.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
like most things its more nuanced.

the people who dont like Lebron for non-basketball reasons feel like he plays the "politically correct racial" game.

he'll speak on one thing and ignore another.

if you consider that racist so be it...
...but its not because Lebron is black.

most of the NBA is black

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet

the people who dont like Lebron for non-basketball reasons feel like he plays the "politically correct racial" game.

most of the NBA is black

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Yea sure but it’s almost irrelevant bc Bronhate is uniquely universal. I know plenty of brehs who genuinely HATE that man on a visceral level more than any white dude could

Braman

Superstar
Daps

most of the NBA is black
Accurate. And I feel #bronhate in general mostly goes back to his perceived phoniness…his perceived attention whoring.

And even as a bron fan I can see it. He does do a lot of odd shyt. It’s just a matter of do you see it and :pachaha: or do you :pacspit:

Off the top of my head like when he would join the layup line at Bronnys game and do dunks. Like…why would you do that?!?! :heh:

So yea, the racial aspect is new. But best believe people of all races have hated dude WAY before he became the target of MAGA folk.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I like what Lebron stands for and how much of a good player he is but he’s never gonna be close to Jordan. Most people love him. The MAGA crowd definitely hates him for his political views, but he’s from a state where they’re’s a bunch of them.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Accurate. And I feel #bronhate in general mostly goes back to his perceived phoniness…his perceived attention whoring.

And even as a bron fan I can see it. He does do a lot of odd shyt. It’s just a matter of do you see it and :pachaha: or do you :pacspit:

Off the top of my head like when he would join the layup line at Bronnys game and do dunks. Like…why would you do that?!?! :heh:

So yea, the racial aspect is new. But best believe people of all races have hated dude WAY before he became the target of MAGA folk.
damn I forgot all about the Lebron lying meme :mjlol:

aight now I completely disagree about there being a racial element as to why people dont like him.
he comes off as a phony try hard that wants to be perceived a certain way

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see the racism at all. Not everyone likes Lebron and he flops like a bytch sometimes. This is a fukking reach.