Allen Iverson goes AWOL, and Big3 doesn’t look happy

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Almost time to throw this league in the bushes. Great idea. Looking like the execution isn't gonna be able to sustain over a long period of time though. Old players getting non-contact injuries, not showing up, openly stating they don't care, etc. Maybe somebody can revisit the idea, repackage or rebrand it, and try again at a later time.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Almost time to throw this league in the bushes. Great idea. Looking like the execution isn't gonna be able to sustain over a long period of time though. Old players getting non-contact injuries, not showing up, openly stating they don't care, etc. Maybe somebody can revisit the idea, repackage or rebrand it, and try again at a later time.
A lot of these guys are already rich and doing this for fun. You can't expect them to be as committed as Cube, because they aren't investing or making money off this. Like GP said, basically I'll show up when the fukk I want too. They'll probably just finish out the season and call it a day.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Iverson not showing up hurts the league more than him being a part of it helped :what:

This is the type of thing that kills the credibility of the product. Iverson was marketed as the face of the league, and most people spent money just to see him. Him not being there is an FU to Cube, the fans, the players, and everybody involved in the league.

Its A.I., if Cube wants to have a big time sports league this is the type shyt he can expect to deal with.....big time players with big time egos.....NFL NBA and MLB all deal with this type shyt.....it comes wit the territory. But trust AI being a feature from the beginning of the season did more help than him not showing up or not playing a game within the season. These guys are retired.....and many already established....AI helped the league playing as much as he did and being on most of the televised broadcasts of the show. He did more good for cube than harm. Cube from LA, were Kobe at? Where artest at.....what about d fish. None of the laker nikkas can be found even court side. But AI agreed to go city to city (most anyway) and be consistently there......plus he did this in the NBA....you get him for who he is....ain't shyt changed.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
He did the same thing in Memphis and Philly later in his career. Those teams wanted him off the bench, so he either faked an injury or just didn't show up. Not surprised.

Iverson wasn't faking injuries. he was legit playing hurt. that was supposedly their reasoning for keeping his minutes low in memphis. he had no business coming off the bench on that team, injured or healthy.

in philly, he was playing hurt, shooting up in the locker room at halftime and such. he never came off the bench tho. that was never the issue.

Cube needs to bring in another star and cut ties with Iverson, immediately.

Can't have this type of shyt happening just as the product is gaining steam.

Bring in T-Mac, Sprewell, etc.

They can also bring in Baron Davis.

spreewell tried out and didn't make the cut.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Exactly, Cube gave him a little handout and dude isn't even taking it seriously. Just be damn professional man Cube is just starting out this little big 3 stuff it's really disrespectful.

how did cube give him a handout??:mjlol:

Iverson is the reason why this league is even relevant. that alone is worth the price of whatever Iverson is getting from this.

besides, from what I hear, Iverson is an investor.

I'm not cosigning him going AWOL, but you buggin, talembout a handout. lol.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
how did cube give him a handout??:mjlol:

Iverson is the reason why this league is even relevant. that alone is worth the price of whatever Iverson is getting from this.

besides, from what I hear, Iverson is an investor.

I'm not cosigning him going AWOL, but you buggin, talembout a handout. lol.
Cube ain't have to do shyt for AI :yeshrug:

And what else Iverson got going on nowadays lol I don't fukking know

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Make the black man's product look bad, brehs.

Just kick his ass out of the league.

hol up,he did this in the nba too,so he's equal oppurtunity:ufdup:

As a AI stan I must say,kick him out of the league....im also a Cube stan:myman:

I'd rather not see A.I playing as :flabbynsick: as he was playing anyway.

hope they get a football league like this.