All these dual threat QBs got people missing pure pocket passers

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The days of slow unathletic qb’s like Manning & Brady are over. You have to be able to move to play in these modern offenses. If you can’t move and extend plays with your legs you won’t last long.

Yall acting like the only QBs in the past 5 years to win the Super Bowl other than Mahomes weren't Stafford and Brady.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Mobility doesn't necessarily mean dual-threat. Mahomes is more mobile passer than dual-threat QB.
What:heh:?

Yeah, the nígga that literally kills teams all the time in the clutch because he breaks off 10-30 yard runs isn't a dual-threat:mjlol:.

Mahomes was 5th in QB rushing at 421 yards a game. He definitely is a dual-threat.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

Yeah, the nígga that literally kills teams all the time in the clutch because he breaks off 10-30 yard runs isn't a dual-threat:mjlol:.

Mahomes was 5th in QB rushing at 421 yards a game. He definitely is a dual-threat.
421 yards a game? :skip:

Mahomes has random runs getting those gains because the expectation is that he'll pass on the pocket or off platform. It's not a consistent threat every down.

He's never had 5 rush TDs in a season. He's never had 500 rushing yards in a season. He has 9 50-yard games of 98 in his career.

Allen has 23 in 95, has 5 500+ seaons and has 6 TDs or more every year, tying the record last year.

Murray has 21 in 67, has 2 500 seasons, probably would in all 5 if not for injury, and 2 seasons of 5+ TDs, including 11 in one of them.

Hurts has 22 in 64, has 3 500 yard seasons, and rushed for 10 TDs in all of them (I know they're mainly that silly ass tush push but still).

Russ not as much anymore, but has 32 such games, all but 1 of them coming in 2020 of earlier, or 144 games. In that same span he has 5 500 yard seasons and a 6 TD season, he's the closest to Mahomes so far.

People like Cam, Lamar, Vick, Kap go without saying. Those are dual threat QBs.

If Mahomes is a dual threat then so are Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck. They're mobile passers who can get a clutch run but you're not game planning against them with fear of their legs marching their team down the field as much as their arm

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps

Brady ran for 238 first downs in his career too so I guess he’s a dual threat too? :mjlol:

He’s a professional athlete of course he CAN ran. And if the opening is there he’ll get a decent gain.

But the Chiefs do not rely on Mahomes running as much as the Eagles, Cardinals, Bills, and Ravens do their QBs

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Brady ran for 238 first downs in his career too so I guess he’s a dual threat too? :mjlol:

He’s a professional athlete of course he CAN ran. And if the opening is there he’ll get a decent gain.

But the Chiefs do not rely on Mahomes running as much as the Eagles, Cardinals, Bills, and Ravens do their QBs
Firstly, that's 0.71 first down that Brady ran for on a per game basis. Miss me with that:mjlol:.

And a dual-threat is someone that can hurt you with his arm and his legs. Just because a nígga is more inclined to use his common sense and keep his ass in the pocket doesn't mean that he isn't a dual-threat:russ:.

The difference in 3 out of 4 of those QBs that you alluded to is that they run primarily because they can't consistently kill teams by passing the ball (Murray, Lamar, and Hurts).

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Firstly, that's 0.71 first down that Brady ran for on a per game basis. Miss me with that:mjlol:.

And a dual-threat is someone that can hurt you with his arm and his legs. Just because a nígga is more inclined to use his common sense and keep his ass in the pocket doesn't mean that he isn't a dual-threat:russ:.

The difference in 3 out of 4 of those QBs that you alluded to is that they run primarily because they can't consistently kill teams by passing the ball (Murray, Lamar, and Hurts).

Brady att/1D percentage: 34%

Mahomes att/1D percentage: 35%

:manny:

Looks like Brady could get him team a 1st down is he REALLY needed to :mjlol: I’m playing breh I’m aware Mahomes runs substantially more and better but numbers are numbers :manny:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Think of how many "pure pocket" quarterbacks have started despite being absolute trash. Even in this era. This just aren't a large number of elite NFL quarterbacks to go around.

Obviously, if you're a dual threat, then you can get away with being a bad passer for even longer than the crappy "pure pocket" passers were able to do it.
I agree. I’m just saying that the term “dual threat” isn’t like saying “great passer” you’re not a threat at all if you’re mediocre at both and you are not dual if you suck at one of them. A lot of people could run more yards if they attempted it.

Imo the term should be reserved to the (healthy) Lamar’s, Hurts, Allen’s, Newton’s, Kyler etc of the game. Not any random player that attempts to run. But who the fukk am I? :manny:

I guess the term will be as anyone who isn’t Manning or Big Ben going forwards as people even call Mahomes, D Jones and Dakota dual threat

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ironic considering the play of that game was a pick 6 on the goalline where he obviously didn't process/read fast enough.
Yeah he wasn't perfect.Had moments where he went braindead for sure...Some blame Anquan Boldin for that play, tho.There was some argument to whether he cut sharp enough on the slant to get between the defender & the ball.Kinda looked to be going through the motions.He was beefing with the team at that time.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Yeah he wasn't perfect.Had moments where he went braindead for sure...Some blame Anquan Boldin for that play, tho.There was some argument to whether he cut sharp enough on the slant to get between the defender & the ball.Kinda looked to be going through the motions.He was beefing with the team at that time.

Was he feeling that way because of this?

:damn: :picard: