All Out War: Official Walking Dead Season 8 Thread

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I think i finally figured out what's really wrong with this show lately.

It's not the stupidity or logic, that was always questionable. But this show has lost its forward progress.

Early in shoe there was always a plan and progress towards that plan. Go find family. Get out Atl. Go to cdc to get answers. Find a Sophia. Etc.

They were always progressing towards something, doing something.

Last couple seasons now the way the show starts it ends the same way. Nothing is resolved, nothing is progressed. Episode started waiting for saviours to attack, episode ended waiting for saviours to attack.

Episode started with no sign of negan . Episode ended with no sign of negan. The season will end just how it started. Waiting for Rick vs negan feud to be over but it won't. Season started Maggie preggo and it will end with her preggo.

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
The Walking Dead star confirms he asked to be killed off

"His death was my decision."

A former Walking Dead series regular has confirmed that it was his decision to leave the show.

Dale Horvath met his end back in 2012, being disembowelled by a walker near the end of the second season.

Behind the scenes, actor Jeffrey DeMunn was deeply unhappy over the way that Frank Darabont had suddenly departed as showrunner. Darabont would go on to sue AMC, seeking $280 million in damages.

It is not the first time DeMunn has spoken about this, but he told Cleveland.com that he indeed did quit in response to the drama, calling his own exit "an immense relief".

"Dale's death was my decision," he said. "I was furious about how Frank was pushed out of the show.

"I spent a week not being able to take a full breath. And then I realised, 'Oh, I can quit'. So I called them and said, 'It's a zombie show. Kill me. I don't want to do this anymore'.

"It was an immense relief for me."

DeMunn added that he loved being part of the show at the start, despite the weather conditions.

"The writing in the beginning was just amazing, as was that original cast," he explained. "You can't talk about The Walking Dead without talking about the extreme heat. I was always grateful for Dale's hat, by the way. It was serious heat and we were working all day. The heat had a way of uniting us all, cast and crew. You kept an eye on your friends under those conditions."

Dale in the TV series died earlier than his comics counterpart, so in a death 'remix', Bob Stookey took over comics Dale's death – bitten in the shoulder, having his leg amputated and eaten by the Terminus group ("tainted meat!"), and succumbing to the infection.

Walking Dead star confirms he asked to be killed off

Should've known his death wasn't the writers' idea since the timing of it actually made sense from a story perspective.
:mjgrin:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting to Terminus was the last storyline that had me somewhat interested

Carols noob tube :russ:

That’s still the Greatest episode this show has ever had imo, it had everything and was fukking fire from beginning to end.

1st - No Sanctuary (Escape From Terminus)

2nd - Too Far Gone (Governors Prison Assault)

3rd - No Way Out (Alexandria fighting of the Walker Herd/Carl Shot)

4th - Pretty Much Dead Already (Shane attacks the Barn)

5th - Clear (Rick goes back to his hometown and meets Crazy Morgan)

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s still the Greatest episode this show has ever had imo, it had everything and was fukking fire from beginning to end.

1st - No Sanctuary (Escape From Terminus)

2nd - Too Far Gone (Governors Prison Assault)

3rd - No Way Out (Alexandria fighting of the Walker Herd/Carl Shot)

4th - Pretty Much Dead Already (Shane attacks the Barn)

5th - Clear (Rick goes back to his hometown and meets Crazy Morgan)

This is a great list, I would put Clear as #1... they did an amazing job on that episode. This is the episode written by Scott Gimple, and I thought that when he became the show runner it would catapult the show to great heights. I was wrong.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
giphy.gif