All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

puggle

Superstar
Daps
Jump to sign a guy cut by the A’s and sit your prospect for him :camby:
Only guy that should be sitting is Lemahieu. Boone telling people that the team needs to be patient with him right now is insane, he might be the single most useless hitter in the league right now.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Only guy that should be sitting is Lemahieu. Boone telling people that the team needs to be patient with him right now is insane, he might be the single most useless hitter in the league right now.
He’s worse right now than Josh Donaldson or IKF were the last few years. He came into this game hitting .185 with no extra base hits on the year. Making 2014 Jeter look like 1999 Jeter. Nobody on this team is fit to play third base at all on top of how bad Torres and first base has been.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
There's the obligatory Torres fukk up on the field, it's been a few games, they were due.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Team ain't worth watching til some serious changes are made to the lineup
Third time in the past 4 years the team goes into the tank in June and aren’t watchable beyond that. Then the other year (last year) I never even bothered to tune in from the start since they refused to fix an offense that was Aaron Judge & 8 dead spots in the lineup around him. Imagine how bad they’ll be going forward if they fukk up and lose Soto.

What's saving our bacon , is that the Orioles are being just as bad.
Even then we don’t deserve to be anywhere near first place. Personally I think this is closer to who this team really is than what they were doing since this is basically who they’ve been since 2020. If they don’t manage to pull off a major overhaul of the infield by the deadline, I honestly think the best thing for them would be another 2022 style collapse that goes all the way. At least then there’d be pressure to fire Cashman and get a GM who won’t ignore positions of need for years on end. They needed 5 bats in the offseason and he was content after getting 2 with the one who mattered not even having an extension beyond this season. How far do we expect a team to go with no pen since it’s entirely comprised of reclamation projects, a catcher who can barely hit and can’t throw anyone out, an unreliable/injury prone DH, and no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd basemen? That’s 7 major weaknesses in this roster by my count.