All games on series X will be between 60 and 120fps

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
But ubisoft has done nothing wrong, it's early may, they said it's CURRENTLY RUNNING 4K30 and from that only Sony fanboys are drawing all these conclusions :mindblown: not a single one has anything to do with console parity tho right. That's not even a real thing, right :stopitslime:

They have a history of being full of shyt and we have to stop being in denial thst 4k60 is hard on many of these AAA games. You got pc gamers in here teliin you the deal Mayne how hard thst shyt is and with Ubi the chances are even more slim.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish people would stop ONLY focusing on resolution and frame rate. It's not the only thing that can be improved.

People are chasing that high from the jump to the HD era that the PS3 and 360 brought.

Until there's another medium changing way to consume media like HDTVs becoming affordable and widely available, it's a chase that won't pay off.

What makes this frustrating is that from the outside looking in, if you see one studio able to pull off 4K/60, it gets frustrating to see Ubisoft, who by default of being the only major studio currently promoting a next-gen game have effectively become the example of next-gen games, say that they, at minimum, aren't choosing to do the same.

John Carmack would've figured this shyt out :wow:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I remember this thread when I was lurking before I was finally able to register
:mjgrin:
Every fukking time it just blows back to his face.
So He started that shyt. I did the redfall ting to show how absurd it was for them
Now FF16 GOTY has some dips and he was fukking celebrating meanwhile he had this whole thread

:umad: fukking xbots man

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I remember this thread when I was lurking before I was finally able to register
:mjgrin:
Every fukking time it just blows back to his face.
So He started that shyt. I did the redfall ting to show how absurd it was for them
Now FF16 GOTY has some dips and he was fukking celebrating meanwhile he had this whole thread

:umad: fukking xbots man

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This thread was created before everything was finalized, and it wasn't known that unreal engine 5, the pandemic/etc would delay progress in the development of all games. With that said, how many games run at 30fps Coli, I'll wait. If it's one handful then I'll take that as a win for the prediction.

Redfall was rushed, it's not too complex for this Gen so if you have to play stupid to manufacture a win then that's a loss :win:

As for Starfield...
"John [from Digital Foundry] puts forward the argument that a frame-rate target is a design decision..."
"The question is what frame-rate allows you to hit your design goals for the game? In the case of Starfield, it's clear that this is an open-world or even "open universe" game, with item permanence, AI, simulations, and a lot of interlocking systems to create an immersive experience."
"With all of the CPU demands that this sort of a game entails then, dropping the resolution might not have much of an effect on the overall frame-rate. As a developer, you may as well crank up the visuals and embrace that 30fps output for an overall more consistent output
So it was a design decision :jbhmm: but such a decision can lead to fake manufactured Ls. If they had a 60fps mode at a lower resolution you'd point to that. Can we agree that regardless of frame rate the game will be an amazing Achievement for gaming and entertainment as a whole :banderas:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
juelz-talking.gif