"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Why did Walt take off his watch and put it on the pay phone in the finale?

This was answered on Talking Bad... because intially they didn't shoot Walt with the watch when they originally shot the Denny's scene, before they had the idea for Jesse to give Walt the watch, so they had to show him taking it off before entering the diner in the new scene.

(If you cast your mind back, Jesse gave Walt that watch in the first place)

Practical explanation: way back when, they did a promo where walt was not wearing a watch at the breakfast where he made the 52 with bacon so for the sake of continuity, they had to find a way where he dumped the watch. :manny:

Artsy explanation: symbolic of walt's time coming to an end :wow:

Last edited:

Tuling

Pro
Daps
"I saw an interview with Gilligan after the finale where he said a lot of the time he really doesn't mean to add symbolism. Like in the finale, Skyler's profile was framed perfectly in the microwave, and Vince didn't even notice until someone in the cutting room complimented the shot."

in response to stans going crazy over stuff like this:

Grjh88N.jpg

:banderas: i knew it! yall were reaching hardbody on a lot of things :ufdup:

Ok now that shyt is just depressing :sadcam:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Oliver Stone is on his Master P shyt....said he doesn't really watch the show, but the machine gun violence in the last 5 minutes of "BB" finale was "over the top" and "unrealistic". Said "what kind of popular show would resolve it's problems with a machine gun?".
I'd like to point out this is the same man that wrote "Scarface". Oh and he conveniently has a book coming out that he's trying to promote :mjpls:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddgil...one-calls-the-breaking-bad-finale-ridiculous/

Fred.

You mean "Natural Born Killers" Oliver Stone? :dwillhuh::wtf:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL