"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I dunno where people were bytching. Critically the season was the best received over all up to that point, and the SOHH thread was full of :krs: people. Season 4 is when the show really caught on.

To be fair I didn't like eps 2-3. But prior to the half way point being weak? I can't co-sign that breh. To say it was weak compared to the second half, definitely, but that's some of the best eps in TV history so :manny:

Fred.

I myself would consider Season 4 hands down BB's best season. But I just clearly remember the early eps being frustrating after Gus slit Victors throat. It certainly doesn't drag down the overall impression of the season though.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
From the middle to the End, season 4 was absolutely great. But outside of the opener, the beginning of that season was pretty weak imo. Alot of people were bytching about it at the time too. They made Walt look like a mindless idiot also with his unthought out schemes. Season 5 on the other hand started off with Piff from the very beginning.

:wtf: who was bytching, that intense season premeire carried on to all episodes in season 4,
nikkas was :ohlawd: at Gus's intentions... then the culmination when Gus threatens Walts family was brilliant
only episode from season 4 that was trash was that horrible episode where they focus on Marie and her klepto antics

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
fBaVkDH.jpg

:banderas:

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Found this on tumblr

QUgnUTO.jpg

Fun Factoid: In this episode, when Walt asks Kuby where he has searched for Jesse, Kuby tells him, “I put a bug in the tall kid’s (Skinny Pete) Mom’s place. For three hours straight, all he kept talking about was something called Babylon 5.” It so happens that Bryan Cranston had a small part in episode 4x05, “The Long Night,” as Ranger Captain Ericsson.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Found this on tumblr

QUgnUTO.jpg

Fun Factoid: In this episode, when Walt asks Kuby where he has searched for Jesse, Kuby tells him, “I put a bug in the tall kid’s (Skinny Pete) Mom’s place. For three hours straight, all he kept talking about was something called Babylon 5.” It so happens that Bryan Cranston had a small part in episode 4x05, “The Long Night,” as Ranger Captain Ericsson.

46680043_omg_reaction_gif.gif

:ooh:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Found this on tumblr

QUgnUTO.jpg

B5 the goat sci-fi show. Never realized Heisenberg was a ranger. I'm going to have to look for him next time I rewatch the show

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City

I was reading the synopsis of the episode and Cranston had a small part but very vital. Remember he's name here is Ericsson

Here's some interesting stuff that stuck out.

"Londo and Vir plot the assassination ofEmperor Cartagia. Meanwhile, CaptainSheridan sets into motion his plan to bring the conflict between the Vorlons and theShadows to a resolution."

Once the League convenes, Sheridan reveals that the time has come to begin fighting back. The league would provide distractions by conducting lightning raids on Vorlon outposts, dividing Vorlon forces while the main force gathers at the Coriana system. There are two reasons for this. First, they will need time to gather other First Ones to help in the fight. Second, Sheridan wants the Shadows at Coriana as well. He explains that ever since the shooting war started, neither side had sought a direct confrontation, opting instead to attack allied worlds and outposts. This is where Ericsson would come in. He is knowingly given a false report detailing the opening of an Army of Light base on Coriana VI at approximately the same time as the Vorlons' arrival. It is a suicide mission; he is to intrude into Shadow space and engage the Shadows as if on a real raid, so that when the Shadows destroyed his ship and discovered the file, they would be convinced the report is true and rush to Coriana. By forcing a direct confrontation, Sheridan believes he can finally get the Vorlons and Shadows into a position where he can resolve the war. Ericsson grimly accepts the mission and gives a final Rangersalute to Delenn before signing off.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
see this is when I think internet fans take it too far... nikkas got still frame shots analyzing every little thing and then JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS while other ppl are like :ohhh: This was the exact same reason I had to stop fukking with Lost. the abc forums were littered with people having a circle jerk over still images meanwhile the directors and writers really had no idea what's going on. i used to get in arguments with stans on that board about it. shyt was ridiculous. some of you guys have no idea how a tv show is made, there are more obvious allusions to things but when you gotta freeze frame it and it wouldn't be caught by the naked it its most likely a coincidence.

i'd advise everyone to chill with theories based on screen shots and just ride these last few eps out patiently.

someone really said "the red outfits in the picture hint at aggression"

:dead:
this isnt about internet fans at all

I do the same thing reading books, especially well written ones. and I consider BB book-like

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
I swear every time I come in here I stay reading all yalls theories of whats gonna happen like :ohhh:

These last 4 ep's have all kinds of different angles it could take to finish out the series and almost all of them would make a great final storyline

Speaking of storyline I remember reading how Vince and his writers wrote out the series with intentions to somehow incorporate everything shown previously into the finale.

"We sat around in a writers' room for thousands of man-hours – all seven of us – and we tried to play a game of chess, in which we said, 'If we move the character from here to here to here, what happens, what's the counter-move?' Essentially we said to ourselves, 'What are all the possible endings we could come up with and then what is the ending that satisfies us the most?" Gilligan said recently during a Nerdist Writer's Panel. "And in the process … what can we mine from the past so that it echoes, so that it resonates in the present, in the now in the final episode, or the final two or eight—in this case—so that it feels like we planned it from the get-go?'"

Well Vince and his writers have a very genius way of incorporating little Easter eggs and clues as to the fate of the characters. I noticed he adds a bit of the actors past work into the show. Has Walt in his underwear alot like in Malcom in the Middle, The Babylon 5 drop & one that just sticks out basically the sole reason he even was considered for Walter White; "Gilligan cast Cranston to play the antagonist because he felt he could successfully humanize the role. Cranston's success in "Drive" later caused Gilligan to cast the actor as Walter White in his highly-acclaimed AMC seriesBreaking Bad"

some of the plot :

Via a live news report, a high-speed car chase comes to an end in the Nevada desert. Assuming it to be a kidnapping, the female passenger is pulled from the vehicle and placed into the protective custody of a police vehicle. The driver, Patrick Crump (Bryan Cranston), is pushed to the asphalt and handcuffed. The woman in the police car begins violently banging her head against the car window. As the news chopper catches all of this on film, the woman's head explodes, sending a spray of blood across the window

Mulder, wishing to speak to Crump, follows the ambulance, and ends up getting himself kidnapped by Crump, who has escaped from the police

Funny how the episode ended :

Initially, Crump, thinking that Mulder is in on some sort of government conspiracy, forces Mulder to drive by brandishing a gun. He further infuriates Mulder by using anti-semiticslurs. Eventually, however, Mulder and Crump begrudgingly make amends and decide to work together as allies, rather than enemies. Mulder explains to Crump that Scully will meet them at the end of the highway. There she will insert a needle into Crump's inner ear, hopefully relieving the pressure. Unfortunately, when Scully arrives, it is too late and the pressure in Crump's ear has already exploded, killing him

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Couple more random things.

All the pictures in Walt's hotel room are from To'haliilee, New Mexico. Where him and Jesse cooked their first batch of meth in season 1, ep 1, where he buried his money in season 5, ep 10, and "To'haliilee" is the name of the episode this Sunday.

Marie was researching poisons on Wikipedia (as someone pointed out earlier, she quoted Wikipedia almost exactly) the same way Skyler was researching money laundering on Wikipedia in season 3, episode 12.

Fred.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Couple more random things.

All the pictures in Walt's hotel room are from To'haliilee, New Mexico. Where him and Jesse cooked their first batch of meth in season 1, ep 1, where he buried his money in season 5, ep 10, and it's the name of the episode this Sunday.

Marie was researching poisons on Wikipedia (as someone pointed out earlier, she quoted Wikipedia almost exactly) the same way Skyler was researching money laundering on Wikipedia in season 3, episode 12.

Fred.

:ohhh: I knew the painting had to mean something it looked too familiar!

Breh I don't want them to know where Walt's money is:to::to:

Hopefully that's not the case :sadcam: