"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Also, the painting so beautifully references the Whitman poem that gave 5.08 its name, "Gliding Over All"

edit: I see now that this point was already made. Good start, vonsmartytwat.
:shaq2:

Lol don't worry breh it's like that when discussing Breaking Bad, most of the stuff has already been covered on last year's thread (which I think is and was one of the greatest threads in the Coli history) but we just continue to talk about it as the story grows.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Jesse always kept that 1
Are you high? I mean are you saying Jesse a druggie kept 1 pack of cigs for a whole year? He moved out of Janes place for at least a year ago and had erased her last phone message not to mention Walt open a fesh pack of cigs to replace the one he had given Jesse, there was no lipstick on it.
cigarette in the ash tray with her lipstick on it. and he had hid the ricin in that cigeratte. Am i the only person who noticed him always lookin at the 1 last cig in the ash tray wit her lipstick?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Jesse always kept that 1

cigarette in the ash tray with her lipstick on it. and he had hid the ricin in that cigeratte. Am i the only person who noticed him always lookin at the 1 last cig in the ash tray wit her lipstick?

That wasn't the same cigarette breh.

Fred.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just heard that the guy they dedicated the mid season premier to, was offered the chance to be told how Breaking Bad ended as long as he didn't tell anybody. He declined because he wanted to find out when everybody else did. He didn't survive cancer and will never find out. Hopefully they have AMC in heaven.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Jesse always kept that 1

Jesse always kept that 1

Go back and watch the show, i mean for real, Different cig, different brand and everything. Why would he put the ricin in a cig that belonged to Jane also, you saying he was going to give Gus a cig with lipstick on it?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Dude is on the rag 90% of the time and its annoying as fukk. I liked the Jesse that styled on'em in Mexico and shytted on Gus in his own home over a nice dinner...not the Jesse that crumbles into a pile of tears everytime someone dies.

At the same time it's kind of realistic though. Those scenes where Jesse Bosses up shows that he has it in him, like ALL the character on the show have it in them, to tap into their inner Heisnberg. The question though is, without all the posturing and bravado, are you truly ABOUT that life? Jesse just isn't ABOUT that life and his soul is burning with the Ether of that truth. He has a conscious and he can't easily push it to the side like Walt does in Hiesenberg mode or Skyler does when she's fukking Ted one minute and threatening his life the next, or Gus does when slitting the throat of his own worker or Mike does by capping nikkas with no remorse. Jesse can't live with blood on his hands, he's been in a downward spiral since he killed Gale. Of COURSE he's going to be in the rag living with the fact that both his direct and indirect actions led to a child's death. It's to be expected

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
At the same time it's kind of realistic though. Those scenes where Jesse Bosses up shows that he has it in him, like ALL the character on the show have it in them, to tap into their inner Heisnberg. The question though is, without all the posturing and bravado, are you truly ABOUT that life? Jesse just isn't ABOUT that life and his soul is burning with the Ether of that truth. He has a conscious and he can't easily push it to the side like Walt does in Hiesenberg mode or Skyler does when she's fukking Ted one minute and threatening his life the next, or Gus does when slitting the throat of his own worker or Mike does by capping nikkas with no remorse. Jesse can't live with blood on his hands, he's been in a downward spiral since he killed Gale. Of COURSE he's going to be in the rag living with the fact that both his direct and indirect actions led to a child's death. It's to be expected

Right, it's a good analysis, and you're 100 on point, it's just become grating to me as a viewer, it's not even a big detriment, and its not awful...I've just had enough of it, do something else with the character. To elaborate on what you've said, Jesse is a largely uneducated, unsophisticated, ignorant, simple person, who got into the drug business because he was kind of a loser and a loner, and an addict. He's never really been about that shyt, and he's in way past his comfort zone at this point, and has been for a long time. Which makes sense why most viewers love Jesse as a character, he's the soul of the show, and the soul of most people just doesn't relate to a Gus, or a Mike. Even if it showed the contrast of their professional vs personal life. I can't blame Jesse, because in the conceit of the show he's not a creative, intelligent, pragmatic enough person to just take his money and live the rest of his life in Europe, or Fiji, or Mexico. He's confined by his nature and his surroundings to languish in guilt, junk food, and video games, until the inevitable happens. I'd like the show to not let Jesse off the hook, just because he's more empathetic then the rest.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Question:
What was Hanks plan when he told Walt to bring Skylar and the kids over the house?

I saw it as a BRIEF moment of sympathy for Walt, like Hank STILL sees the frail dying man in Walt and when Walt was talking about dying in six months I think it kind of hit home for Hank. Remember Hank is still struggling with the fact and trying to both merge and individualize the two personas of Walt and Heisenberg. In that BRIEF moment of dialogue he didn't see Heisenberg the ruthless meth lord, he saw Walt the dying brother in law. The "being skyler and the kids over and we'll talk" was kind of a concession that PERHAPS just MAYBE that there was more to the story and that Walt wasn't the true monster, then Walt flipped it and told him straight up "it's not going to happen". That's as close as it gets to telling Hank to go fukk himself and his misplaced sympathy. That's why Hank reacted with the "I don't even Know You" because that was the moment where he TRULY realized that he in fact does NOT know Walter or what he's capable of

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Question:
What was Hanks plan when he told Walt to bring Skylar and the kids over the house?

I saw it as a BRIEF moment of sympathy for Walt, like Hank STILL sees the frail dying man in Walt and when Walt was talking about dying in six months I think it kind of hit home for Hank. Remember Hank is still struggling with the fact and trying to both merge and individualize the two personas of Walt and Heisenberg. In that BRIEF moment of dialogue he didn't see Heisenberg the ruthless meth lord, he saw Walt the dying brother in law. The "being skyler and the kids over and we'll talk" was kind of a concession that PERHAPS just MAYBE that there was more to the story and that Walt wasn't the true monster, then Walt flipped it and told him straight up "it's not going to happen". That's as close as it gets to telling Hank to go fukk himself and his misplaced sympathy. That's why Hank reacted with the "I don't even Know You" because that was the moment where he TRULY realized that he in fact does NOT know Walter or what he's capable of

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Question:
my assumption is that they'd be safer at his house...and maybe in the back of Hank's mind he felt like Walt wouldnt try to do anything to him with them there...but Heisenberg da Gawd dont give no fukks about women or children :birdman:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah, that's Hank being somewhat reasonable, like 'we can work this out....maybe....but it's on my terms', you know how Walt reacts to those kind of demands...no one's terms but his own. It is a very messy situation, with a lot of potential for plenty of collateral damages, Hank included, blood money paid for his medical bills. That's his wifes sister, who would likely face charges herself, money laundering, conspiracy to launder, she'd do a few years easy, look at the Jesse Jackon Jr. sentencing. This will gut and disarticulate the family from inside out and devastate all the players, but Hank is trying to rein it under control from the outset, probably say some shyt like leave the kids, and turn yourself in.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Brehs, Jesse is all fukked up because he's already seen more than one kid affected by the business he's in. Not to mention one of his good friends was killed selling for him, his ex girlfriend drug overdoses because of him, his other GF's son gets poison by being associated to him(even though he doesn't know that), killing Gale and having to push his latest GF away because he didn't want her to get up in his mess. And I didn't even mention the numerous times he dodged capture and death. Then him being on and off with the drugs and witnessing more than one murder.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
While there's no denying, or downplaying all the various instances of legitimate or understandable grief, pain, anguish, torment he's experienced, largely as a result of HIS involvement in that line of work, most, if not all of his coworkers and major show characters went through that x10, esp. considering guys like Mike and Gus, who'd been in the business for decade plus. While these tragedies, and instances are very relevant to Jesse acting like a bytch, the imo, more relevant factor is the fact that he can't handle it. You move crystal, or whatever for 5-10 plus years, and the losses, the agony, the guilt, the regrets will accumulate rapidly. Everyone says 'he's been through hell', yes, but it's how you handle hell that shows the kind of person you are.

Daps
Its crazy how big this show got since it came out..I remember back on SOHH...the first 2 seasons werent even discussed.

great episode..bryan cranston is one of the best actors alive..should get an oscar winning type of role soon.

shyt introduced me to this non hip hop piff :ohlawd: