Alabama Senate ELECTION: Jones wins!!! Daps + Reps to all

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I'm going to pretend to understand, what it's like in Bama, but a lot of people really don't have ID?
How do they buy alcohol, go to clubs, drive(I understand not everyone drives) etc....
But is it that prevalent? I've heard about the DMV in that state being a pain in the ass, because they purposely closed down locations in more heavily populated black areas....

But I'm still trying wrap my head around not having an ID, unless you're 18-21...
yeah the black vote ages 18-21 is significant enough to begin with that its in white supremacists interests to require id. im not from bama and i havent spent time there but i also assume that in more rural areas having id isnt as important for day to day shyt. like people at the store who you buy liquor from would just know you anyway :yeshrug: basically just a guess

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
college football theread fukkery invading higher learning :mjlol:
easiest place to find people from alabama on this site :yeshrug:
I don't see how cats can talk football all day, but barely say shyt on here about fukkery going in their state,especially when the whole country is watching this shyt unfold in disbelief.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
easiest place to find people from alabama on this site :yeshrug:
I don't see how cats can talk football all day, but barely say shyt on here about fukkery going in their state,especially when the whole country is watching this shyt unfold in disbelief.
idk about the bama posters but i can understand why thats the case. i have a lot of people in my personal life i talk to about politics, and only a few friends who follow sports. so for me the colis more about interests i have that i dont share with a lot of my friends in real life

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
this has been one of the most fukked up weeks in a horrible year politically.
between jerusalem, that garbo tax plan, bear ears getting shrunk, roy moore staying alive in this race despite the obvious pedophilia, scotus allowing the muslim ban to take place, wisconsin starting to drug test food stamp applicants... :bookofscust:

Speaking of wisconsin I almost made a thread on this side note:

Wisconsin teacher 'lured student into romp sessions' | Daily Mail Online
1512598828383.jpg

470DCE5B00000578-5153495-Fitzpatrick_is_shown_above_in_a_current_Twitter_profile_picture_-m-34_1512598243447.jpg

470E122C00000578-5153495-image-a-35_1512598249293.jpg

470E123300000578-5153495-image-m-32_1512598228253.jpg
@88m3 @DEAD7 :ehh:

Wait Wisconsin is seriously drugs testing people for food stamps :wtf:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
idk about the bama posters but i can understand why thats the case. i have a lot of people in my personal life i talk to about politics, and only a few friends who follow sports. so for me the colis more about interests i have that i dont share with a lot of my friends in real life
Basically

Some of my friends we can discuss some topics but a lot of them don't really give a fukk until the shyt actually affects them

A couple of people I know (when I had FB) were even like "Why are people crowding my FB feed with politics? Can we go back to posting pics and funny stuff?"

There are people that I know for a FACT will be directly affected by this shytheads Presidency and they were completely oblivious to this shyt

To this day I'm puzzled that people haven't addressed the fact that dude said the Central Park 5 were still guilty despite DNA evidence exonerating them AND the city admitting that the cops were crooked AND the fact that they actually found the real rapist.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
UNbefukkinglievable :dwillhuh:

@hashmander and I thought roy moore tryin paraphrase Rosa Parks was bad.
they're trolling at this point, tryna get a reaction. kinda shyt some racist kid at school might pull. i can only imagine what hell they put the few black students they encountered through by either getting them suspended/expelled for putting hands on them or just gritting their teeth and pushing it all down before they eventually cracked.

i'm on my seinfeld "serenity now ... serenity now" shyt right now.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'm not going to pretend to understand, what it's like in Bama, but a lot of people really don't have ID?
How do they buy alcohol, go to clubs, drive(I understand not everyone drives) etc....
But is it that prevalent? I've heard about the DMV in that state being a pain in the ass, because they purposely closed down locations in more heavily populated black areas....

But I'm still trying wrap my head around not having an ID, unless you're 18-21...
  • Millions of Americans Lack ID. 11% of U.S. citizens – or more than 21 million Americans – do not have government-issued photo identification.
  • Obtaining ID Costs Money. Even if ID is offered for free, voters must incur numerous costs (such as paying for birth certificates) to apply for a government-issued ID.
    • Underlying documents required to obtain ID cost money, a significant expense for lower-income Americans. The combined cost of document fees, travel expenses and waiting time are estimated to range from $75 to $175.
    • The travel required is often a major burden on people with disabilities, the elderly, or those in rural areas without access to a car or public transportation. In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.
  • Minority voters disproportionately lack ID. Nationally, up to 25% of African-American citizens of voting age lack government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of whites.
  • States exclude forms of ID in a discriminatory manner. Texas allows concealed weapons permits for voting, but does not accept student ID cards. Until its voter ID law was struck down, North Carolina prohibited public assistance IDs and state employee ID cards, which are disproportionately held by Black voters. And until recently, Wisconsin permitted active duty military ID cards, but prohibited Veterans Affairs ID cards for voting.
Oppose Voter ID Legislation - Fact Sheet

MSNBC reported last year that Willie Mims, a 93-year-old African-American was turned away from the polls when he went to vote in the Democratic primary because he lacked an ID. Mims ultimately was unable to vote.

The new lawsuit claims that Alabama’s enforcement of the law has had the effect of making it even more discriminatory. For instance, state officials ruled that IDs issued by public housing authorities could not be used to vote. Seventy-one percent of the state’s federal public housing residents are black.
New lawsuit challenges Alabama voter ID law

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I see this being the biggest problem. Everyone already admits defeat, so they say fukk it to going to the polls.

Mobile had a chance to elect a former black mayor this past year. He was mayor for awhile then gave it up and ran again this year. Nobody came out to vote. Only 36% I don't know why folks don't vote. So complacent in thinking nothing effects them.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
I think they could, if Moore doesn't fight. And he might not since they'd get another Republican to replace him. Then, I assume, Alabama would have a special election and he'd be replaced with some republican. That's probably the Republican best case scenario.

Moore isn't stepping down for the good of the party
Never happen
:russ:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Moore isn't stepping down for the good of the party
Never happen
:russ:

Then R's can remove him the hard way or enjoy having the Dems and the media ram Moore's 14 year old girl touching ass down their collective throat.