Alabama Senate ELECTION: Jones wins!!! Daps + Reps to all

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps

really like this dude.
please if yall have any change between your couch cushions send him a lil some.
Cantor lost his seat [granted to a teabagger]
Jones won in Ala and now the rightest of the rightwing nuts are pissed at "the establishment"
Turtle and granny starver are public enemy #1

we can get his ass out of there
grassroots $
massive gotv efforts on the ground
modeled after va and now ala

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
What Tariq Nasheed is saying on Twitter, people have been saying forever. Malcolm X talked about this and devoted paragraphs to this in the Autobiography. We are a giant bloc of votes. If black folks just get on code and black leaders do the work to organize voters and then come back to the Democrats and say, "Yo, we organized you a victory here, but you need to pay up," we'd be a lot better off.
Honestly Doug Jones was an easy candidate to rally around. A white man born in 54, who didn't turn out to be a racist scumbag like the rest of his white peers, who respected blacks right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and prosecuted those who sought to break us.

Let us not downplay this at all. Doug Jones was born the same year that Brown vs Board was decided, but as we know desegregation didn't actually go through/get underway in places like bama and south carolina til after 65 when Lyndon Johnson started ripping federal funds away from states. "Hey you didn't turn out to be racist!" is a supremely low bar, but in a place like Alabama, it should be a fukkn badge of honor.

Stop running wishy washy white people who don't understand race relations.

Liking black people is not enough. Not being racist is not enough. Action against racists white people means everything.

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
we are running more dems than ever this year!
i believe 1 for every r congressperson
Cruz has a great challenger
even state races are seeing repub challengers

lets bring it back to the great Ann Richards days
:blessed:

Yeah I like betos platform and his policy. Will be dusting off my registration card and updating. I'm ready for this shyt

:francis: How many white women do you have to overcome in the state?

Naw if we can pull off Alabam, then texas is fair game. Don't be so cynical.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Yeah I like betos platform and his policy. Will be dusting off my registration card and updating. I'm ready for this shyt

Naw if we can pull off Alabam, then texas is fair game. Don't be so cynical.
So now I'm being cynical? Roy Moore's nomination depressed the white vote, and then blacks showed out over white people. You need that combination during the election. My statement is based in reality.
How many white women do you need to beat?

Because your candidate is probably going to run some version of #ImWithHer to reach out to "women" voters, which is really a misguided attempt to bring in white women.

Black women don't need an #ImWithHer campaign, because they're not confused about the difference between voting for a pedophile or proponent of civil rights, or voting between an admitted sexual assualter/housing discriminator/fear mongering racists and a woman who is a center right democrat.