Alabama Senate ELECTION: Jones wins!!! Daps + Reps to all

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
No fukk that bullshyt..

There’s NO REASON to bring it up except on some agent bullshyt:camby:
That’s some awful logic you have. The question should be why aren’t black men seeing what their female counterpart are?

There’s this thing where we chastise black women for being feminists and following white women. We as black men need to think long and hard about our actions. This patronizing and condescending attitude will not be forgotten by them.

You don’t think black women don’t know you look down on their degrees? You don’t think their smart enough to detect your sarcasm when you call them educated?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
To an extent it does though.

For whatever reason ( :mjpls:), addressing the issues of black voters turns off a large portion of working class white voters, and pandering to working class white voters depresses turnout among black voters. So while they can try to appeal to both, the Dems need to decide where their priorities should be and this election should give them a big suggestion as to that.

When you try to please everybody, sometimes you just end up pleasing nobody. :yeshrug:

Relying on another Obama to appear is foolish.
Nah. I mean kick a universal message to white voters and tell poc what you will do specifically. Play both. Let's be clear about Alabama, black people only made up 28% of the electorate. You cannot win with black people alone. The biggest factor in this election besides the fact that black people turned out was that white women stayed home and dropped from 35 to 31 percent of the electorate. If they showed up Moore still wins. They could not vote for the pedophile and went home. In the last general election in 2012, 84% of them voted against Obama while black people had the exact same margins. You need to win enough of them to keep those margins lower and then turnout POC and young people.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That’s some awful logic you have. The question should be why aren’t black men seeing what their female counterpart are?

There’s this thing where we chastise black women for being feminists and following white women. We as black men need to think long and hard about our actions. This patronizing and condescending attitude will not be forgotten by them.

You don’t think black women don’t know you look down on their degrees? You don’t think their smart enough to detect your sarcasm when you call them educated?

But over 90% of black men voted for Moore and there wasn't much difference between them and black women in terms of voting. In fact black men were MUCH more likely to vote Jones (and Hillary for that matter) than white women. Why are you acting like brehs down there are voting Republican or something? :what:

This gender wars stuff is lame.

Last edited:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. I mean kick a universal message to white voters and tell poc what you will do specifically. Play both. Let's be clear about Alabama, black people only made up 28% of the electorate. You cannot win with black people alone. The biggest factor in this election besides the fact that black people turned out was that white women stayed home and dropped from 35 to 31 percent of the electorate. If they showed up Moore still wins. They could not vote for the pedophile and went home. In the last general election in 2012, 84% of them voted against Obama while black people had the exact same margins. You need to win enough of them to keep those margins lower and then turnout POC and young people.
Agree, who *didnt vote* is as relevant as who did last night. Thats often the case in elections and often a point that gets overlooked.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
To b fair, although the voting percentages are basically the same, black women came out in much bigger numbers than black men.
But they always do. There are more registered black women voters than black men and mass incarceration has a lot to do with it. This has been true for ever but noe black women are this magical unicorn?

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But they always do. There are more registered black women voters than black men and mass incarceration has a lot to do with it. This has been true for ever but noe black women are this magical unicorn?

Exactly. This magical shyt is very dangerous and simplistic. People should be thinking about how to make it easier for black men to get registered and to vote, like this: Ex-felons voting for the first time could shake the Virginia governor's race rather than engage in a pedantic social media gender war. As the percentages show the men who do get to the polls vote almost identically the same way as women do..

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. This magical shyt is very dangerous and simplistic. People should be thinking about how to make it easier for black men to get registered and to vote, like this: Ex-felons voting for the first time could shake the Virginia governor's race rather than engage in a pedantic social media gender war. As the percentages show the men who do get to the polls vote almost identically the same way as women do..

You Negroes need to get off your periods. Sheesh. Ol' what about me ass nikkas. :mjlol:

Black women made up 17% of the the electorate. Black men made up 11%.

Let the Sistas get their shine. Just because people are giving black women props, doesn't take away from what black men did last night.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You Negroes need to get off your periods. Sheesh. Ol' what about me ass nikkas. :mjlol:

Black women made up 17% of the the electorate. Black men made up 11%.

Let the Sistas get their shine. Just because people are giving black women props, doesn't take away from what black men did last night.

Get off my period :dahell: its a political discussion forum not TLR. Im not from Alabama so I dont care for any shine, I'm making a point about poor analysis. If you disagree, show me where Im off.

For the record many black women also disagree with the unicorn narrative. You're not curious about why the gap between the registered black men and women is so big despite similar voting preferences?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get off my period :dahell: its a political discussion forum not TLR. Im not from Alabama so I dont care for any shine, I'm making a point about poor analysis. If you disagree, show me where Im off.

For the record many black women also disagree with the unicorn narrative. You're not curious about why the gap between the registered black men and women is so big despite similar voting preferences?

How about you tell us what got you nikkas so aggy because people pointed out the fact that black women came out in large numbers last night?

This is not to ignore the real issue of black male voter disenfranchisement which is a real issue and needs to be seriously discussed. Black women are getting props for carrying Jones to victory, can you let them enjoy that recognition without thinking everything is a feminist conspiracy to disparage the black man.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif