tumblr_mev55lCm9O1re1u3xo1_500.gif

at least im not a future stalker

Spike10

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
España
Ziggler about AJ and Langston

Talk about working with AJ and Big E Langston. Do you guys travel together?

A: Yeah, we do, not even all the time, but some of the time the three of us do travel together, and it’s been kind of cool because AJ’s another one who, as a child, wanted to do this — like when I was five, I wanted to do this and I’m doing it now — I think when she was 8 or 10, she decided she wanted to do it and she’s doing it. So that’s brought us together. The two of us, maybe outside of work, never would’ve bumped into each other or said a word.

turek44

The Gunner
Daps
Reppin
Jelenia Góra, Poland
New interview

Victory tastes sweet for the current WWE Divas champion - especially since it's something AJ Lee has worked toward for most of her life.

"To actually have completed that 14-year mission is amazing and surreal. I'll kinda leave the title around my apartment, just to remind me of it," she laughed. "Yeah, I put it in the bed with me sometimes."

Lee, the 15th Divas champion in WWE history, and superstars like Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton and Alberto Del Rio will take the ring Sunday for WWE Live. The show starts at 5 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes-Barre Township.

Lee, 26, a New Jersey native, knew by age 12 she wanted to pursue a professional wrestling career. She took gymnastics and trained as much as she could to get ready to enter wrestling school after she graduated high school.

"I was a tomboy growing up. I did anything my brother did," she said. "He really got me into wrestling. And I was just 100 percent positive this was what I was going to do."

Lee also found inspiration in the style and technique of her favorite wrestler, Eddie Guerrero. In the match where she claimed the Divas Championship title, she even tried out one of his moves, playing possum to get the upper hand.

"That was like my shout-out to him for being my inspiration all these years," Lee said of the career wrestler, who died of heart failure at age 38 in 2005.

"He was so funny, and whether he was somebody you wanted to boo or cheer - he was so easily (bad or good), and he didn't really change that much of his style," Lee added. "So funny and sassy and shady. He would just cheat all the time, and it was so goofy."

During the championship match last month, Lee forced fellow Diva Kaitlyn to tap out with her Black Widow move. Leading up to the battle, Lee toyed with Kaitlyn's emotions on the WWE televised shows, recruiting wrestler Big E Langston to help trick Kaitlyn into believing she had a secret admirer. The two are scheduled to fight for the title once again on Sunday.

Friends to frenemies

So what's it like going up against Kaitlyn, the fourth longest Divas title holder?

"She is terrifying," Lee laughed. "She is not only, like, gorgeous and everything, but she is jacked and so much stronger than I am, and really beats the crap out of me most of the time. But I still managed to find a way to win."

'Little family'

While many wrestlers go it alone for their entire career, Lee said she likes working closely with her fellow superstars. Lately it's been Ziggler and Langston, and Lee said they love the interplay of their "little family."

"I've been so lucky to do a lot of that," she said. "It's so much fun. We all try to think of ways to be funnier or more offensive... We'll have each other's back, and we'll all be there for this live event as well."

Outside the ring, Lee catches up on her interests, like bingeing on the newest season of one of her favorite shows, the comedy "Arrested Development."

"I sat down when I had two days off and watched them all in a row," she said. "It's so brilliant, and Gob (Bluth) is possibly my favorite character of all time."

Though she doesn't get much free time to do so, she also enjoys playing video games when she gets the chance - she beat "Tomb Raider" and is currently working her way through "Injustice: Gods Among Us."

"I'll always take fan suggestions where if something comes out, I'll get so many tweets, 'Oh, are you going to get this game?'" she said. "So everyone said 'Injustice' is really good. I just haven't really had any time at home to really play it, so I'm like half hour into the story mode.

"I've just scratched the surface. But it looks awesome. And Harley's in it, so that's all I need," she said, referring to Harley Quinn, the Batman nemesis she's often compared to in wrestling.

Much like video games, the WWE attracts fans of all ages. One of the best things about wrestling is how easy it is to get into and have fun watching, Lee said. She has the time of her life in the ring.

"It's the best job on earth," she said. "I'm really lucky."
The two worked together for quite some time as best friends before falling out this year. The animosity makes their matches even better, Lee said.

"I think you get invested in it more. We have such a history, and it's just so much fun to see the Barbie-like, curvy blonde girl and the tiny Skipper brunette just kind of go at it," she added. "But I'm definitely going to put her in a Black Widow and make her tap out again."

The 5 feet, 2 inches tall Lee also brushes shoulders with some gigantic gentleman, like the 7 feet, 1 inch tall Great Khali and the 412 pound power lifter Mark Henry. She's gotten used to being one of the tiniest in the WWE, she said.

"I think at first, when you meet them all and you're getting used to it, it's like, 'Oh my gosh, it's the Great Khali,' and he seems so giant. But now I just pass in the hall, and I'm like, 'Hey, what's up,'" she said. "My hand is like a penny in some of their hands, it's so funny. But I'm just so used to it."

Status
Not open for further replies.