diary484.jpg

They just change the photo on that page:

AJ_04022013rf-484.jpg

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually disagree with her when it comes to walking. I like walking quite a bit, and prefer it over driving most of the time.

Side note, I really like those pictures. The real AJ is just :noah:

Definitely "bring home to moms" material.

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
CHECKING IN, 4:30 p.m.

On and off for three years, AJ Lee, her family and their massive pitbull named Mugsy took up residence at Union City’s less-than-palatial Hilltop Motel, a locale that lived up to its moniker by requiring its residents —many of whom were also living there long-term out of necessity — to trudge up a steep incline to their cramped accommodations.

“This is why I have quads,” AJ jokes, allowing herself a brief laugh before tugging at some of the deepest roots of her childhood. Plagued by break-ins at the time, the since-renamed Hilltop Motel conjured up memories of a “scary” time for AJ as she fought back unexpected tears.
Her battle was ultimately a losing one, as watery eyes looked out across a desolate courtyard.

“I’m surprised how raw the memory of that motel is for me,” AJ later says in the car. “I thought I would be sort of over it, but I was transported more than a decade in the past, and I felt exactly how I felt back then — wanting to get out. But I’m actually glad I had those feelings. It’s nice to remember you’re still a human being.

Aww, don't cry, AJ. :to:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading all these entries really do make me hate the way things transpired even more. There was an incredible underdog story that could have been told here on-screen, and it would have came to a wonderful finale on Sunday at the PERFECT stage, at the PERFECT location.

Furthermore, this woman is a perfect role model for young girls. After hearing her tales, and seeing her passion and determination, it's hard not to root for her. She has no business being a heel right now, but it is what it is. If only this was a perfect world.

joegeo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading all these entries really do make me hate the way things transpired even more. There was an incredible underdog story that could have been told here on-screen, and it would have came to a wonderful finale on Sunday at the PERFECT stage, at the PERFECT location.

Furthermore, this woman is a perfect role model for young girls. After hearing her tales, and seeing her passion and determination, it's hard not to root for her. She has no business being a heel right now, but it is what it is. If only this was a perfect world.

Yea, but I've gotten use to the WWE messing up great stories (Christian first title run was 2 days for example) that it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. My only comfort is that she will get the run with the belt eventually just it won't be in her hometown. Even if she wins it on a filler PPV it can still be memorable (I.E Eddie won his first title on a filler PPV and it was still memorable.) just sadly not in her home town at the biggest stage in the world. :to:

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Final update for Day 1:

GIVE HER LIBERTY, 6:00 p.m.
Gazing out on the sprawling metropolis of New York City, Lady Liberty serving in silent vigil over New York Harbor in the distance, AJ Lee seems lost in thought, deeply contemplating the transformative experiences of the day. Or just as likely, she’s thinking of an appropriately salacious response to Dolph Ziggler’s latest text message. After a long day of laying her life bare, this mystifying young woman takes a moment all to herself at Jersey City’s Liberty State Park. She’s earned it.

In a quick motion, as if snapped out of a trance, AJ leaps up, pulls out her smart phone and snaps a picture of the skyline. She’s clearly enjoying the opportunity to play tourist.

“You never do this stuff when you actually live here,” says AJ, who left Union City two years ago for sunny Tampa, Fla. “When you leave and come back, you realize it’s iconic, and it’s something people come from around the world to see. This is the first time I’ve actually taken pictures of New York City, which is so bizarre.”

“Bizarre” seems to be an adequate descriptor for AJ’s WrestleMania Week, which has simultaneously forced her out of her comfort zone while reintroducing her to the all-too-familiar.

“You never forget where you come from, but it’s nice to remind yourself how real it is, and throw it in your face like that,” AJ adds. “I feel like I’ve done what I left here to do. It kind of makes me think, ‘What’s next?’ We’ll find out, I guess.”

Check back tomorrow for Day 2 …

Status
Not open for further replies.