AJ Gray goes in on Wrestling Twitter following blowback for pointing out lack of Diversity

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Who is this guy? Never heard of him til today, why the fukk did he expect an instant rise to stardom? Most wrestlers make it in their early 30s. He's got another 5 years and hustling and grinding before making it unless he is an elite talent in the ring which he isn't

You read those tweets and an “instant rise to stardom” is what you got out of it? Yikes

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
AEW absolutely has to do better in regards of black singles wrestlers.
yeah they signed a bunch of jobbers even tho i think Private Party is legit and definitely getting a decent push at the moment it just needs to be consistent. gotta be rough to get a push in that tag division because it's kinda stacked now.

Marq Quen's match with Cody really put them over in my opinion and i was glad to see it because AEW's black roster is mostly jobbers. I do like that Big Swole has been a consistent thorn in Britt Baker's side.. She is fiery and seems to be naturally better on screen than her husband Cedric who is happy to be there when he's on screen in WWE.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
You read those tweets and an “instant rise to stardom” is what you got out of it? Yikes
Reminds me of when I simply mentioned Lee Johnson having the look of a star and how it's a shame all they have him doing is jobbing and some dikkhead on this site responded with "He's got like less than 10 matches. Are they supposed to give him the world title now?"

so much for "bbbbut they got Big Swole is that not enough?"

I'd pass on Lio due to massive concerns about his attitude.

Sad thing is that there simply isn't enough black talent that's available and ready to be in the spotlight. They're either all signed or still raw as we speak.

imagine being so wrong about something

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
If AEW started a year or two ahead of it's time, Keith Lee would have been their world champ now. Or even a year ago. Ricochet would be an instant star over there if he leaves. I'd pass on Lio due to massive concerns about his attitude.

Sad thing is that there simply isn't enough black talent that's available and ready to be in the spotlight. They're either all signed or still raw as we speak.

AEW is in a similar situation with black male wrestlers as their women's division. WWE picked the market clean before AEW was getting its shoes on and even Impact managed to scoop a few hidden gems.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I’m iffy on the pandemic tweet, but everything else Lio said was spot on (including the tweets mentioning Naomi that aren’t posted there). We’ve seen a lot of that 100% play out but a certain segment of the wrestling fanbase turns a blind eye.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
who is the best technical wrestler that he is referring to???
is it jay lethal??

i dont see why people are going in on AEW. its not their fault that the majority of the top black wrestlers have been off the market since they launched.
theyve done well with what they have tho.
and it feels like they go out of their way to give a platform to black wrestlers on Dark, but its really not a good look when theyre all enhancement workers jobbing in every match.

i cant ride for this one.

the latinos are the ones who should be complaining about AEW. the way theyve been doing LAX & the lucha bros is just SCUST.

false rhetoric that has been debunked time and time again, there are countless quality black male wrestlers available to sign

like who??

keep in mind, AEW has limited TV time. there isnt much wiggle room for just anybody to get in where they fit in.

they should give a real deal to Cade.
other than that, who else is there? i wanna say fred yehi but he dissappeared, i think.

Last edited:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I checked out a couple of Fred Yehi matches today (heard of him, but honestly never watched any) and breh is damn good:ehh:

How the hell has he not gotten signed by AEW yet :what:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
They literally rather bring back Slater, Big Show, and Edge or give Orton more time than push some of the other black talent.

And to do the “Bu Bu Bu Bu” to check the box off. When they do use them, they prefer to do the “kill 2 birds with 1 stone” method of putting them all in an angle with each other like have Bobby feud with Truth, Ced and Ricochet :russ:
Lashley is being wasted and I blame Heyman. He wrote the stupid Lana angle. You want to say he was cooled off. Blame Lana and MVP. At this stage in career, lashley should be on his own.
As for black talent getting a push against Drew or Braun.
The only legit contender is Kofi. Swerve isn’t ready. Keith Lee will be when he gets the call .
Kofi needs to drop the dead weight of Big E. He carried him enough already.
As for women.
Sasha is the tier one generation talent. Bianca needs a year or so before she gets to that level. Naomi is good as transitional champ or better yet in the tag division with Mia or Liv.