AJ Gray goes in on Wrestling Twitter following blowback for pointing out lack of Diversity

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Don't get it twisted, brehs who are fans of AEW. Literally the only reason they're getting fried is that they put on a whole Big 3 Miami Heat Esque pep rally and had inclusion & diversity as two of their main sticking points on why they'd be an alternative, yet most of the brehs & Brehettes up until this point have only been had matches on Dark instead of the main show. shyt, Dunkerton himself said "There's being on a show and there's being featured." when people tried to use him as a deflecting point when the convos came up months ago. It's something they've got to work on.

That being said? The 'E doesn't get any kind of passes for Kofi not being in the World Title Picture (Arguably should be a 2-time champ since it's clear Braun lost several steps since his initial feud with Reigns got him over), not booking Lashley like the uber Athlete from jump, dismantling the pushes & such of minorities after removing Paul Heyman from his position, etc.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

He wrestles for the same company as my boy.... I met him several times or seen him a lot out on these streets. He’s someone that really is a cool brother and would LOVE to see get a bigger break.

NOT IN THE WWE THOUGH :mjlol:

Anywhere but there!:russ:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
a bunch of black wrestlers from ROH are supposed to be having a zoom round table discussion about a bunch of race related issues. I think it's showing on youtube tonight.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Remember 6’4” 270 Titus O’Neil having to get rescued by Finn Balor :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Crazy..... man between the “playing around with Vince” and falling a bunch of silly shyt ruined his career that should’ve never been a problem.

When Batista is telling you to quit, you know it’s some shyt

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think it has more to do with an actual black single talent that can stand out and have the crowd in his hands. Is there a dude out there that’s like that and not under the E contract, or any other major company?

Keith Lee and Swerve are/were the only ones that come to mind. Gresham is a damn good in-ring talent, but I can’t see him being more than midcard. Lethal is a name, but some may say he carries baggage with the “pervert” past.

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is this guy? Never heard of him til today, why the fukk did he expect an instant rise to stardom? Most wrestlers make it in their early 30s. He's got another 5 years and hustling and grinding before making it unless he is an elite talent in the ring which he isn't

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a blk AEW fan...so I'm probably a little biased here...

But what blk talent is there to hire that is 1)not in WWE/NXT...2)Not already signed by ROH/MLW/Impact, etc. and 3)Is ready to get a push in AEW?

Yehi, Lio and who else?

AEW cant just push random ppl on their programming. Pullman jr. is a jobber on Dark right now. So how can y'all expect, Lee Johnson, Suge D and Musa to get a push.

This shyt takes time. I think a guy like Lee will become a star in AEW. Virtually every wrestler starts out as a jobber.

Not every guy is gonna be Orton.

If AEW started a year or two ahead of it's time, Keith Lee would have been their world champ now. Or even a year ago. Ricochet would be an instant star over there if he leaves. I'd pass on Lio due to massive concerns about his attitude.

Sad thing is that there simply isn't enough black talent that's available and ready to be in the spotlight. They're either all signed or still raw as we speak.