Ahsoka | Disney+ | August 23rd 2023 | starring Rosario Dawson

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Whoa what is battlefront 2 resurrection? Is that a new game DLC coming out or was that the name of the story in the game?
I posted the timeline so that ppl could have clarification on the shows. There are also video games on this timeline.

In 2023, video games suck, and star wars video games suck worse. Do ya Googles

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a net negative imo. mando's are cool on their own. Jedi are cool on their own. Add them together you don't get twice the cool. You just get something the isn't quite on the level of either.
grogu-no-baby-yoda-no.gif

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
This shyt was so dumb.. This Disney formula is to string u along and keep u coming back for viewing hours without telling a true story..

Star Wars fans are the worst too.. just throw in some fan service or easter eggs and they nut.

fukk a season 2. not falling for this again.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps

:francis: Rebels disguised under Ahsoka like many people predicted.

Might as well move on from the name Ahsoka and just keep the Rebels storyline going then sprinkle Ahsoka here and there like they did in the anime

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It was bad, but I can't put ANYTHING over Rey. Sabine was at least legit trained by an official Jedi, you could argue it just took longer to have effect. Rey was doing mind tricks, beating trained Jedi the first time she grabbed a lightsaber and shooting force lightning for no plausible reason at all

You're 100% right actually...I was giving her a pass because she was palpatines bloodline but that was basically a retcon..that wasn't canon until they wrote the third one lmao

Yeah... I was hoping that the most "force" powers we were going to get from her was being able to make an object "shake" and move maybe a few inches....

BUT you can't compare someone who was training for YEARS finally having a breakthrough to being able to do JUST "Force Pull" and "Force Push" (and nothing else)...
... to some random character able to beat trained "End Boss" characters the very FIRST time she got in a fight.

Sabine being able to control Force Pushes is slightly annoying...Rey being able to fight with Ren and not dying was orders of magnitude worse.

Since I like the show, I'm going to make fan excuses and say that Sabine's "Force Push Jump" worked because her powers were somehow boosted by proximity to Ezra.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I enjoyed the show. They did enough to differentiate it from the other series. Magic and zombie troopers was a little weird but it didn't take away from things.

Still think they could have directed the actors better and wrote more compelling dialogue but it's a step up from Boba, Mando, and Obi. Nothing is touching Andor but this gets things back on track.

I'm not offended by the force push but the easy way around that was to not have the jump be so damn far. Someone should have corrected that so the damn fanboys wouldn't lose their shyt. It's not that serious. Get a grip.

Looking forward to season 2 and hope they tighten things up.
:yes:
My overall take on the show is very close to this.
I actually agree with each point made here.

I was watching some of the monologs from "Andor" on Youtube the other day...and it reminded me that none of the writing in ANY of the other Star Wars shows (OR Movies) matches it.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Also, something small that I just realized during this episode that I should have picked up on years ago:

Whenever Jedi appear to be "Flying", they're just using Force Push to push off the ground, and Force Pull to pull them to their destination
:ohhh:

So, for example, Luke can't "Fly" back to the platform in Empire Strikes Back, but he can "Pull" himself into a vent shaft for a soft landing.
(This reminds me of the "Flying Princess Leia" scene that I had blocked out of my mind)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, something small that I just realized during this episode that I should have picked up on years ago:

Whenever Jedi appear to be "Flying", they're just using Force Push to push off the ground, and Force Pull to pull them to their destination
:ohhh:

So, for example, Luke can't "Fly" back to the platform in Empire Strikes Back, but he can "Pull" himself into a vent shaft for a soft landing.
(This reminds me of the "Flying Princess Leia" scene that I had blocked out of my mind)
Luke used to force to augment his jump. Qui Gon and Obi use the force to augment their dash/sprint at the beginning of Episode 1.

Leia was doing a pull I'm guessing but really that scene should've never happened and it op'd the Force, imo. Casuals dictating the direction of Star Wars because they "grew up watching the originals" or they "seen the originals hundreds of times" was one of the worst decisions for that franchise.

Younglings grew up in training in the force with teachers with 1000 of years of Jedi knowledge and even when they are Padawans they are still learning their abilities but then you get these people like Sabine who goes from zero to hundred just because she was trained for a little bit by a former padawan. She shouldn't even be able to block blaster fire with a lightsaber. I know Disney wants the "anyone can be a Jedi if you believe" but it irritates me that they are doing anyway with the "magic rules" that George established.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Luke used to force to augment his jump. Qui Gon and Obi use the force to augment their dash/sprint at the beginning of Episode 1.

Leia was doing a pull I'm guessing but really that scene should've never happened and it op'd the Force, imo. Casuals dictating the direction of Star Wars because they "grew up watching the originals" or they "seen the originals hundreds of times" was one of the worst decisions for that franchise.

Younglings grew up in training in the force with teachers with 1000 of years of Jedi knowledge and even when they are Padawans they are still learning their abilities but then you get these people like Sabine who goes from zero to hundred just because she was trained for a little bit by a former padawan. She shouldn't even be able to block blaster fire with a lightsaber. I know Disney wants the "anyone can be a Jedi if you believe" but it irritates me that they are doing anyway with the "magic rules" that George established.

If the new Star Wars sequel trilogy teaches moviemakers one thing, it should be this:
Do NOT Listen to "the fans", and give them what they say they want!
The "fandom" doesn't know where the story should go, that's the writer's job.

As far as Sabine, I disagree that she went from 0 to 100. She went from 0 to maybe 5%...in a world where to the average person 5% looks like something out of mythology.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as Sabine, I disagree that she went from 0 to 100. She went from 0 to maybe 5%...in a world where to the average person 5% looks like something out of mythology.
I was exaggerating but the force pull was one thing but the strength of the force push she used feels advanced level.
I'm fine with force users in the world but they all don't have to be faux Jedi, lightsaber wielders. And all faux-jedi should be lesser skilled than those that were trained in the Jedi Order.

Have some force user clan that only use blasters or prefer to only use hand-to-hand combat. Let them use and understand the Force in a different way than the Jedi Order did.

I'm just ranting, man. Pay me no mind

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show was ok to me. Definitely need to go back to watch the animated shows to fully understand the relationships between the characters. Like Sabin giving up the thing to the bad guys just to find Ezra even though up to that point, the show has been telling us it would be a disaster if the bad guys got the key. I expected Ezra to be her brother or lover for her to act that way, nah it was just a friend. So she knowingly endangered the whole universe on the off chance that the bad guys hold up their end of the bargain and take her to her friend. Maybe watching Rebels might help me understand this plot point better