Again...The Official 2013-14 Season Thread for YOUR Defending and Reigning NBA Champion- Miami Heat

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
They tried to make him a 4 in PHX. didn't work out.
I still have hope we can make him a 4. Imagine that him with an additional 10-15 lbs and that J :lupe:
Windhorst is a fat fakkit that owes his entire career to LeBron. If you're talking about the interview he did on 790 a couple hours ago, I heard it too. His dumb ass was comparing Beasley's defense to Haslem's. Which is great except for the fact that UD isn't taking Beas's minutes, Rashard is. Rashard isn't much better defensively than Beasely, if at all. And whatever difference there might be is negligible and canceled out by how much better offensively Beas is than Rashard. I'd also rather have Battier out there instead of Rashard.
Nah...Rashard is a crafty defender. I never knew this about him but after seeing a few games with him playing i see why Riley wanted the guy. He can defend the post the same way Karl Malone did: won't block you r shot but has a knack for stripping you from down low (no homo).

If you notice, whenever Beasley used to come in the opposing team would give the ball to whoever he was grading and attack him. They don't seek out Rashard like that

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
To those clowns who doubted my boy UD. Who always wanna give Beasley my boy Dondon's minutes at the 4 spot. I COULD say more but all i'm going to say is :beli:

Not saying Beast deserves the treatment he got this year sitting on the bench all this time but only role I see for him is as Lebrons backup. Unless he beefs up and becomes the PF we all dreamed he'd be in the league.

I've been saying this about UD, but nikkas in here were saying that he was washed up. Spo is going to Spo is what does all the time--having skepticism of his bench players. UD didn't get the quality playing time to make an impact on the floor this season; as a result, we was getting murdered on the boards. Finally, that idiot Spo open his eyes and add UD to the line-up benched the useless Battier.

As for Beasley, he is a natural small forward. I never thought he should have play PF since he got drafted. There is so much he can do offensively as a scorer if he get his chance to play behind Bron with the skills that Beasley has.

Last edited:

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Nah...Rashard is a crafty defender. I never knew this about him but after seeing a few games with him playing i see why Riley wanted the guy. He can defend the post the same way Karl Malone did: won't block you r shot but has a knack for stripping you from down low (no homo).

If you notice, whenever Beasley used to come in the opposing team would give the ball to whoever he was grading and attack him. They don't seek out Rashard like that
I have noticed that. But I think a lot of that has to do more with Beasley having a rep of being a bad defender so teams go at him more so than Lewis being a good one. If teams went at Rashard the same way he may fare a little better just because he has so much more veteran experience, but I don't think he should be categorized as a good defender. Regardless though, the point I was trying to make was that whatever difference there is in defense between Lewis and Beasley is far outweighed by Beasley's offense, in my opinion.

I mean just look at last night, Lewis played 20 minutes, was 1-8 and had just 3 rebounds. Beasley would've been sat down for the rest of the game if he would've missed his first 6 shots like Lewis did last night especially if they were as easy as some of the looks Lewis missed. And he averages 3 rebounds a game in less than 15 mins per game while Lewis gets 1.8 in 16 mins.

Last edited:

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
i don't buy the whole "beasley not committing" thing. i key on him specifically when he's in games and he seems much more aware defensively than he was when he first got here. of course he has his occasional lapses and gets scored on, but everyone does, wade and lebron included.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Windhorst is a fat fakkit that owes his entire career to LeBron. If you're talking about the interview he did on 790 a couple hours ago, I heard it too. His dumb ass was comparing Beasley's defense to Haslem's. Which is great except for the fact that UD isn't taking Beas's minutes, Rashard is. Rashard isn't much better defensively than Beasely, if at all. And whatever difference there might be is negligible and canceled out by how much better offensively Beas is than Rashard. I'd also rather have Battier out there instead of Rashard.

Yea that's the interview I am referring too. But Beasley is a fool if he reups with the Heat. I hope he finds a team committed to at least giving him an opportunity next year.[DOUBLEPOST=1397339562][/DOUBLEPOST]
i don't buy the whole "beasley not committing" thing. i key on him specifically when he's in games and he seems much more aware defensively than he was when he first got here. of course he has his occasional lapses and gets scored on, but everyone does, wade and lebron included.

He's trying but its hard to improve on the bench. Crazy we aren't getting anything out of either of our offseason acquisitions. The nail in the coffin was Justin Hamilton getting minutes over Beas vs Memphis.[DOUBLEPOST=1397339612][/DOUBLEPOST]
I still have hope we can make him a 4. Imagine that him with an additional 10-15 lbs and that J :lupe:

Knee and back injuries for playing above his natural playing weight? :patrice:

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Yea that's the interview I am referring too. But Beasley is a fool if he reups with the Heat. I hope he finds a team committed to at least giving him an opportunity next year.
I would understand if he did leave, but it seems like he gets along pretty well with LeBron and it seems like LeBron genuinely likes him so I could see him staying if Bron comes back. Also, Battier will be gone after this year and I wouldn't be too surprised if either Lewis and/or Allen left after the season, too.

On a side note when can Mike Miller come back? Can he sign this offseason or do you have to wait until your original contract is up if you were amnestied (which with the options would be after next season)?

Last edited:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Good win. When that defense that 'everyone has figured out' is turned up, we are hard to beat. We also held down the turnovers. Good win #heatwave

I think we see Wade tomorrow.

[DOUBLEPOST=1397343120][/DOUBLEPOST]

a.gif

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
As much as I hate Bosh taking 3's, he's getting kinda good at it. Wade with the first two points of the game :blessed:[DOUBLEPOST=1397346327][/DOUBLEPOST]The jumper is wet. Follow through and everything :whew:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Knee and back injuries for playing above his natural playing weight? :patrice:
Haslem did it. Bosh did it. Zo did it. Even Wade did it and came back to lead the league in scoring in his best year by far.

I don't see 10-15 lbs of muscle being a problem. You put on muscle weight and strengthen the right areas while doing it you should be fine. It's the one that put on fat weight that tend to get hurt:

• Barkley (in Phoenix and Houston)
  • Sean Kemp (CLE)
  • Shaq (LA, 2nd year in MIA)
  • Larry Bird