Again...The Official 2013-14 Season Thread for YOUR Defending and Reigning NBA Champion- Miami Heat

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Ay Heat fans do you see any team in the East outside of Indy giving you a possible scare during playoff time . I could see Washington taking you guys to 6
Most teams with size up front give us fits

• Chicago
  • New York
  • Atlanta (when healthy)
  • Indy

Washington can run but that plays right into our hands

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

• Chicago
  • New York
  • Atlanta (when healthy)
  • Indy

Nene and Gortat is good size vs. MIA

But yeah the Wiz are better, much better in transition. Our half court offense is reliant on long twos and jump shots... not enough action to the basket. I'm sure you saw that in the game when the Wiz won last week.. it was just the Wiz getting hot from the field

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq

• Chicago
  • New York
  • Atlanta (when healthy)
  • Indy

Just about every team in the playoffs for the East has legit size except for Toronto & Brooklyn . Brooklyn & Toronto have formidable bigs so it's not impossible you could see KG turn back the clock or J-Val go Hibbert on you guys but in all honestly if you want to beat the Heat you also need a star on the perimeter star and role players that can shoot the threes . Only a handful of teams in the East have a great SG/SF ( not counting Point Guard because just about every team has a capable/All Star type PG ) . Teams with a SG/SF star in the East include Indy ( Paul George ) , Toronto ( Derozen ) and Washington ( Beal ) . Now you could include teams like The Knicks , Pistons & Cavs but all three of those teams are not in the playoff picture right now :heh: . Also I didn't include Joe Johnson for the Nets because we all know how Quiet Joe plays in the playoffs :scusthov: & I might have been pushing it when including when I listed Bradley Beal as a great perimeter player . That's why the NBA needs to check these Eastern Conference teams because the playoff are about to be a snooze fest until the ECF . As much as we talk about how Washington , Toronto have improved this year all these teams have problems . The Wizards can't get above .500:russ: , Raps can't put in a winning streak longer than 2 , Bulls have no perimeter players and Jimmy Butler is shooting below .400 :upsetfavre:, Atlanta ....... Well Atlanta is Atlanta that's the problem :lolbron: , Nets are fools gold & The BobCats can't even fukking score the whole Cats offense is to throw it to Jefferson N see what he can do . The Heat should have their with Indy tooo honestly have you seen he ball handling on the Pacers :merchant:.... But once the finals come around this Heat team is going to have problems , the West is too :ahh: this year .

MariahB

Pro
Daps
I want one of these T-shirts

the-heatles-t-shirt-570x572.png
http://LYFEbrand.com

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

• Chicago
  • New York
  • Atlanta (when healthy)
  • Indy

The Hawks weren't giving the Heat problems because of size, they were giving them problems because they run a system like the Spurs with a lot of pin downs, curls, ball movement etc. hunting for the 3 pointer. The Hawks were only + 1.6 in rebounding vs the Heat, which is a tiny differential, it's that they hit 13 threes a game vs the Heat and are shooting over 40% when doing it.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
The Hawks weren't giving the Heat problems because of size, they were giving them problems because they run a system like the Spurs with a lot of pin downs, curls, ball movement etc. hunting for the 3 pointer. The Hawks were only + 1.6 in rebounding vs the Heat, which is a tiny differential, it's that they hit 13 threes a game vs the Heat and are shooting over 40% when doing it.
If you re referring to the last game we played them i see one main reason why we lost:

THEY WERE HOT
THem fukkas were hitting shots with mofos in their grill like :takedat: out of nowhere. I wouldnt expect hem to keep that up for a whole series. WHen i refer to ATL's size im talking about us having to wrestle 2 All Star caliber PF's (Horford and Milsap) for rebounds and having to guard them fukkas on the other end too. Sure their system has improved but we've overcome that many times before.

Teague has improved but we can control him

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
If you re referring to the last game we played them i see one main reason why we lost:

THEY WERE HOT

THem fukkas were hitting shots with mofos in their grill like :takedat: out of nowhere. I wouldnt expect hem to keep that up for a whole series. WHen i refer to ATL's size im talking about us having to wrestle 2PF's (Horford and Milsap) for rebounds. Sure their system has improved but we've overcome that many times before.

Again, size is not the issue, when Miami has issues with size they get outrebounded by a wide margin, a +1.6 rebounding differential is negligible for a team like the Heat. They were outrebounded by a total of 5 rebounds in the 3 games the two teams have played, on the flipside the Hawks have shot -

12 for 31
17 for 34
11 for 24

From 3, that is not a fluke, they hit those 3s because they move the ball and make the Heat over rotate.

The game the Heat lost was without Milsap and Horford, the only thing that remained was the system. The Hawks went over 115pts with Horford/Milsap and without them, the only constant thing is ball movement and spacing, that is why the Hawks gave the Heat trouble, has little to do with the PFs, or else they should have got washed last game.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I feel you shyt is mad frustrating.

I think the way the streak ended last year and took so much out of them had a big effect on the way they are approaching this season.

They lookin like "why should we bust our ass all season against everybodies best efforts like its the playoffs all season. Then have to battle it out all beat up in the long ass REAL playoffs? "

It's wack they let inferior teams beat them, but I kinda understand.:manny:

it's been like this since 2010 yall nikkas know the drill :stopitslime: just relax playoff time we'll be rewarded do yall know we're actually like 2 games then we were around this time last year :russ: indy bout to catch this jet lag real soon im tellin yall

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
it's been like this since 2010 yall nikkas know the drill :stopitslime: just relax playoff time we'll be rewarded do yall know we're actually like 2 games then we were around this time last year :russ: indy bout to catch this jet lag real soon im tellin yall

THEY WERE HOT
THem fukkas were hitting shots with mofos in their grill like :takedat: out of nowhere. I wouldnt expect hem to keep that up for a whole series. WHen i refer to ATL's size im talking about us having to wrestle 2 All Star caliber PF's (Horford and Milsap) for rebounds and having to guard them fukkas on the other end too. Sure their system has improved but we've overcome that many times before.

Teague has improved but we can control him

horford don't want these problems ask handsome horford do he want it with G.O. ....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO