After you get a few grand saved is there really any point to save more?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah its called retirement. One day in life you're gonna wanna stop working. If you stacked up enough paper you can live off the interest and never have to work again. Just because the future isn't promised to you doesn't mean you don't plan for it anyway.

You also save to upgrade your lifestyle while avoiding debt.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my dear coliseum friends, do not harken to the words of idiocy that are evident in some of the posts in this thread. i tell you, be wise with your currency lest you be left helpless in unpredictable circumstances.

living life and enjoying life is mandatory. however, there is one thing neither you nor I can control....and that is the future.

it is of great importance, my fellow readers, that you stock away as much wealth as you can. learn to discipline your desires so you dont feel deprived of the merriment of the world.

keep in mind that, the more financially secure you are, the better prepared you will be to deal with the obstacles of life.

day in day out, calamities fall upon the children of humanity, both big and small, rich and poor, famous and the laymen. if calamity falls upon you, think, which would you rather be? poor or rich?

the decision is urs my friends. do not follow in the footsteps of the masses.

Daps
:snoop: @ the stupidity that can come out of a broke persons mouth to try and justify his unwise spending and money blowing.

If you can't understand the obvious benefit of stacking up bread, you might just be too far gone homie.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I would keep saving myself, there is always gonna be something new or something dope that you will want. Might not want anything now but there will be something.

Regardless of what happens you should always save a little from every paycheck, maybe after you already have 5k-10k you might save a little less. But I just don't see the point on blowing money on a over priced clothing and meals. I know you said that makes you feel good and I respect that but it makes me feel good when I can get a dope deal and can get stuff for cheaper prices than everyone else is getting it for.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I save for retirement and for when i start a fam how many of you guys have a roth ira???
i suggest getting one imo scust at living pay check to pay check