After you get a few grand saved is there really any point to save more?

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
yall are acting like investing 10k will turn into 100k. i could care less about making a 1-3k return if that on my investment that shyt is peanuts. plus you risk losing it.

10k can easily turn into 100k over about 7-8 years or less.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Yea theres a point. Vacations, unemployment, pitching in for a casket/headstone, helping family, buying your girlfiend something.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends on the kind of person you are and if being financially independent (truly financially independent) is important to you.

I've been working for a little over a year now after graduation...about a month in I knew I couldn't do it long term, so I've stashed away ~$12k (half in mutual fund, half in cash that i need to do something with) and started paying down my debt because I hate working for someone else.

It's about a long term vision b. Do you really wanna be slaving away to pad someone else's pockets in your 40s/50s/60s? Like the dude said...you have to have some ambition...idk, maybe you don't, I just don't understand it.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
The point of saving is so you can eventually have enough money to point your middle finger upwards and say "fukk you" to your employer. The way I look at it is this--are you really gonna want to work for someone else when you're 45+?

Also, I'm setting aside capital for my investments and an eventual business, because I know once I'm in my 30s, I'll likely be in middle management, and those roles are most vulnerable to layoffs. I need to setup a business by the time I'm 35, and that takes savings and connections to other people's money.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
yeah its good to have some bread saved. even if u got a crib. what if u wanna do some renovations? that shyt ain't free. building a fence or replacing a roof ain't cheap either. just cuz u get a crib, doesn't mean thats the end of all ur worries once u have a few G's stacked.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Ha i like how all these cats come in here and say working for someone is dumb and you need to start your own business like its just some shyt you do when your bored :heh:

Now we all know most new business's fail and ones that do make it dont even make a profit for like the first 3 years. Can you afford to go without a check for that long breh
:ohhh:

If everyone is running there own business who gonna work for you :ld:

You cats talking that boss life, whats the name of your biz? I'd like to check it out :youngsabo: